NCS Senior Sales Manager
Start date: September 2017
The Challenge’s vision is a more integrated society where there is understanding and appreciation of each other’s differences. We design and deliver programmes that bring different people together to develop their confidence and skills in understanding and connecting with others. We believe everyone benefits when people from all walks of life come together to better know, understand and trust each other. This also applies to the people we employ to work with us. As an equal opportunities employer our aim is to have a diverse workforce to reflect the communities we work in.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, rapidly growing organisation, working with young people and local communities across the country.
About the role
We are looking for an energetic and creative people leader to drive our sales efforts to enrol young people on NCS. The role requires a combination of strengths in people, account, and process management and a need for both strategic oversight and understanding of operational opportunities and challenges. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an entrepreneurial and innovative organisation, grow in a dynamic and supportive environment and contribute to an exciting programme for social change.
Reporting to the Head of Sales, the Senior Sales Manager (SSM) will hold responsibility for the full NCS turn-up targets in our two London contract regions. You will be leading four regional Sales Teams through management of four Sales Managers. Through this, you will be responsible for the leadership of over 100 people and the delivery of two of our largest NCS contracts.
This role represents a great opportunity to expand people leadership skills, contract management and to bring creativity to a sales approach.
The Senior Sales Managers’ primary responsibilities are:
- Setting, analysing and monitoring performance against targets across the four contract regions and close management, and adapting of processes to ensure delivery of targets.
- Direct line management of four Sales Managers and oversight of the teams they manage.
- Secure the sign up, assignment and turn-up of the full contingent of participants for our NCS delivery seasons.
- Significant input to National Sales and Marketing strategy, working with the Senior Sales Team.
- Implement and adapt local strategy and processes to achieve significant yearly increase in market penetration in line with our ambitious growth aspirations.
- Ensure we are achieving our mission through a focus on reaching a wide range of young people which represents the communities we work in. Working to address any discrepancies in this through specific targeting of hard to reach groups.
- Recruit and oversee on-going training and coaching of sales staff including their professional development.
- Lead high level national projects and ensure high quality delivery.
- Work with the Head of Sales and Senior Sales Team to ensure Sales are aligned with all other NCS departments and the wider organisation.
- Be a leader and role model to the Wider Senior Sales Team, with a focus on improving leadership capability across the department.
We are looking for an exceptional individual with the following qualities:
- Highly organised people-person
- Successful experience line managing and motivating individuals of different experience levels and leading teams
- Ability to analyse quantitative (e.g. sales results) and qualitative (e.g. market research) data and interpret/ gain insights to help shape local and national activities
- Excellent, pragmatic problem solving ability
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills in group or individual settings
- Gravitas with senior stakeholders
- Experience managing complex processes successfully
- Ability to work effectively with other departments practically and compromise effectivly whilst ensuring Sales effectiveness
- Ability to drive a large team towards achieving ambitious targets
- Ability to guide and support team through the full sales process
Commitment and passion for the mission of The Challenge and the place of NCS within this
- A relentless focus on operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Understanding: Knowledge of own strengths; ability to empathasise and see others' point of view and compromise where necessary
- Professionalism: Strong work ethic, time keeping, responsiveness
- Responsibility: Take responsibility within and beyond the role
- Trust: Trusted by colleagues to always deliver
- Team work: Co-ordinates and co-operates with others across region and department in pursuit of common goals
- Persistence and determination
- Energy and initiative: A can-do attitude with an enthusiastic and persuasive personality
- Flexibility: Adjusts work schedules, plans, prioritises as required to fulfil overall objectives. Ability to think and plan ahead.
- Humble: A positive, helpful attitude at all times in what is a busy and challenging role.
- Calm under pressure
- Ability to lead and proactively demonstrate excellence through example
- Strives for continous improvement by seeking and sharing feedback appropriately and respectfully
- Driven to hit targets and lead a team towards them
- Advanced excel skills to determine and produce useful statistical data
- Business development experience
- Experience with schools and/or teenagers
- Experience of the NCS programme
The Challenge is committed to safeguarding and protecting the young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our programmes.
We expect all staff and post holders to share this commitment to safeguarding by ensuring compliance with our policies and practices.
In addition to being part of a fun, dynamic and challenging workforce, there are many benefits working for The Challenge Network. We are proud to offer an attractive benefits package including Company contributory pension, Simplyhealth cash plan, Ride 2 Work, childcare vouchers and discount vouchers to eligible employees.
- This is a full-time, permanent role.
- The role will require frequent travel to our North East London office and occasional travel to other regional offices
- Deadline for application: 9am Tuesday 22nd August First round interviews will be on Friday 1st
- Salary: subject to experience
Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK or have a valid visa or work permit for a minimum of 6 months at the time of application will be considered for this role