NCS Sales Administrator
Start date: October 2017
The Challenge’s vision is a more integrated society where there is understanding and appreciation of each other’s differences. We design and deliver programmes that bring different people together to develop their confidence and skills in understanding and connecting with others. We believe everyone benefits when people from all walks of life come together to better know, understand and trust each other. This also applies to the people we employ to work with us. As an equal opportunities employer our aim is to have a diverse workforce to reflect the communities we work in.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, rapidly growing organisation, working with young people and local communities across the country.
About the role
The Challenge is looking for Sales Administrators to join a leading youth and integration charity. You will be involved in a fast-paced Sales Team supporting the recruitment of young people on to the National Citizen Service (NCS). NCS is a government backed programme that helps young people (age 15-17) build skills for work, life and transition into adulthood. The role is a short term, paid position within one of the fastest growing charities in the UK. There are opportunities for exceptional candidates to move in to a permanent role
- Administrative duties to support sales and sign up processes including data checking, data entry and external communications
- Build and foster relationships with a wide range of audiences particularly through telecommunications
- Make outbound calls to young people and their parents or guardians to support recruitment and retention of participants
- Processing and checking initial applications
- Assisting the sales team with photocopying and printing various documents, sometimes on behalf of other colleagues.
- Work towards targets, supporting the sales team in the conversion of applicants from initial interest to complete sign up
Looking for candidates with:
- Exemplary telephone manner with excellent speaking and listening skills
- Experience in using computer applications such as Microsoft Office and email
- Experience of working in an administrative position
- Ability to communicate and engage with young people aged 15-17 and their parents/guardians
- Attention to detail
- A strong work ethic, excellent time management skills and motivated to work towards targets
- Able to work collaboratively within a team
- Interest and enthusiasm in the youth sector
- Telesales experience
- CRM experience, ideally Salesforce
The Challenge is committed to safeguarding and protecting the young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our programmes.
We expect all staff and post holders to share this commitment to safeguarding by ensuring compliance with our policies and practices.
Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK or have a valid visa or work permit for a minimum of 6 months at the time of application will be considered for this role.
In addition to being part of a fun, dynamic and challenging workforce, we are proud to offer an attractive benefits package including contributory pension, Simplyhealth cash plan, Ride 2 Work, childcare vouchers, season ticket travel card loan etc. to eligible employees.
- Status: This is a full-time, fixed term role until 30/11/2017
- Salary: £16,000 per annum
- Interview process: Interviews for this position commence early October.