Customer Calling Agent
Start date: January 2018
The Challenge’s vision is a more integrated society where there is understanding and appreciation of each other’s differences. We design and deliver programmes that bring different people together to develop their confidence and skills in understanding and connecting with others. We believe everyone benefits when people from all walks of life come together to better know, understand and trust each other. This also applies to the people we employ to work with us. As an equal opportunities employer our aim is to have a diverse workforce to reflect the communities we work in.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, rapidly growing organisation, working with young people and local communities across the country.
About the role
We are looking for tenacious, organised, enthusiastic agents for our Customer Calling Team in Manchester. The Customer Calling Team make calls to, and handle inbound calls from, warm leads to sign young people up to our NCS programme and to answer customer queries. Successful candidates will work in a fast paced and developing environment with a focus on customer experience and outcome and an expectation to meet stretching productivity and quality targets across three strands of work: inbound telesales and customer service calls, outbound telesales calls and outbound retention calls.
- Making/receiving calls to/from parents and young people and using excellent phone technique and persuasion skills to complete their sign up to an NCS programme
- Answering customer queries
- Retaining sign ups using customer service and sales techniques
- Provide high levels of customer service via telephone, email, SMS and Live Agent Chat.
- Accurate reporting of data and calls
- Using IT systems including Salesforce CRM to record and process customer information
Skills and experience
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong self motivation
- Ability to achieve and exceed stretching targets on a consistent basis
- Attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of selling either face to face or on the phone
- Objection handling skills
- Ability to work in a team, and manage independent workload
- Problem solving and resolution skill
- Experience of working in customer facing environment, preferably in a contact centre
- Experience of using Google Sheets / Drive
The Challenge is committed to safeguarding and protecting the young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our programmes.
We expect all staff and post holders to share this commitment to safeguarding by ensuring compliance with our policies and practices.
Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK or have a valid visa or work permit for a minimum of 6 months at the time of application will be considered for this role.
In addition to being part of a fun, dynamic and challenging workforce, we are proud to offer an attractive benefits package including contributory pension, Simplyhealth cash plan, Ride 2 Work, childcare vouchers, season ticket travel card loan etc. to eligible employees.
- There are a number of positions available within the Customer Calling Team. Contracts will be on a temporary basis with full and part time roles available. Start dates in January or February 2018 and contract lengths varying from minimum 2 months contracts to a maximum of 11 months contracts.
- Salary: £18,000 per annum pro rata
- Requires regular shift and weekend working (weekday shifts may cover hours from 09am-8pm and weekends 9am-6pm a minimum of 3 shifts per week for part time, at least one weekend shift is mandatory)