Inclusion Calling Team Agent
Start date: Various
We are looking for organised, enthusiastic agents for the Inclusion Calling Team in Manchester.
The Inclusion Calling team make outbound calls to, and handle inbound calls from, parents and guardians to follow up on the medical and support information they have provided as part of their young person's application to NCS. The purpose of the calls is to gather the information we need for a young person to safely take part on our NCS programmes.
Successful candidates will work in a fast paced environment with a focus on customer experience and outcome, and an expectation to meet stretching productivity and quality targets.
The Challenge’s vision is a more integrated society where there is understanding and appreciation of each other’s differences. We design and deliver programmes that bring different people together to develop their confidence and skills in understanding and connecting with others. We believe everyone benefits when people from all walks of life come together to better know, understand and trust each other. This also applies to the people we employ to work with us. As an equal opportunities employer, our aim is to have a diverse workforce to reflect the communities we work in.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, rapidly growing organisation, working with young people and local communities across the country.
Making/receiving calls to/from parents and young people and other nominated representatives to follow up on Medical and Support Information that will allow the young people to complete the NCS programme successfully.
We are looking for outstanding individuals with the following qualities:
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong self-motivation
- Ability to achieve and exceed stretching targets on a consistent basis
- Attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience of working in customer facing environment, preferably in a contact centre
- Experience of working with young people with support needs
- Enjoy talking to people, being helpful and doing all you can to agree solutions to challenges
- Being calm under pressure and remaining assertive
- Enthusiasm for, and commitment to, our mission and values with the ability to bring this to life when serving customers and working with colleague
The Challenge is a national charity that was founded in 2009. Our mission is to connect and inspire people to strengthen their communities. We bring together local people across all generations, ethnic groups and incomes to build a stronger society.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast moving, rapidly growing organisation, working with young people and local communities across the country.
- Status: There is a number of positions available in our Inclusion Calling Team, and they all require regular shift and weekend working. Shifts may cover hours from 0900-1900 on weekdays and weekends 1000-1800.
- There is one full-time, permanent position available, where the shifts will most likely be 1100-1900 on four days during the week and 1000-1800 on a Saturday.
- There are a number of 6-month contracts available, both full time and part time, that will run from February 2018 to July 2018.
- There are a number of 2-month contracts available, both full time and part time, that will run from February 2018 to March 2018.
- Salary: £18,000 per annum pro rata
The Challenge is committed to safeguarding and protecting the young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our programmes.
We expect all staff and post holders to share this commitment to safeguarding by ensuring compliance with our policies and practices.
Why should you apply?
In addition to being part of a fun, dynamic and challenging workforce, we are proud to offer an attractive benefits package including contributory pension, Simplyhealth cash plan, Ride 2 Work, childcare vouchers, season ticket travel card loan etc. to eligible employees.
- Selection for this position will include at least one round of interviews, which will take place in November/December 2017.
Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK or have a valid visa or work permit for a minimum of 6 months at the time of application will be considered for this role.