NCS Sales Delivery Associate
Start date: ASAP
The Challenge’s vision is a more integrated society where there is understanding and appreciation of each other’s differences. We design and deliver programmes that bring different people together to develop their confidence and skills in understanding and connecting with others. We believe everyone benefits when people from all walks of life come together to better know, understand and trust each other. This also applies to the people we employ to work with us. As an equal opportunities employer our aim is to have a diverse workforce to reflect the communities we work in.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, rapidly growing organisation, working with young people and local communities across the country.
About the role
Our Sales Associates are the face of NCS recruitment at The Challenge. In this position you will go out to speak to young people and parents to ensure they take the opportunity of taking part NCS. It requires energetic and enthusiastic people motivated by providing opportunities for young people and reaching ambitious targets.
In this role you will work for Sales for the majority of the year but during Summer delivery you will act as an Assistant Programme Manager (APM) working as part of the programmes team, often working with some of the young people you have helped to recruit. The APM works as part of a dedicated team to deliver the NCS programme on the Discovery and Social Action phases. APMs are responsible for managing relationships with local community partners, overseeing the logistics of the programme and ensuring delivery of a high quality and safe programme. This role includes leading parts of the social action programme on the wave.
- Deliver high quality, engaging presentations, follow up events and PHSE lessons to young people in schools to inspire them to sign up to NCS
- Reach individual and team targets by school for the number of young people who express and interest and then sign up
- Engage with parents through presenting and attending parents evenings and running pre-programme information evenings
- Work closely with the Account Management Team who hold school relationships to identify new opportunities for recruitment
- Administrative duties to support sales processes
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership to seasonal staff and young people
- Manage programme administration including finances, attendance records, risk assessments, bookings and young people's records
- Assist with direct delivery of aspects of the programme as required including leading community and social action projects with young people
- Ensure that all activities and provision is delivered safely and in line with organisational policies
- Manage external relationships with key stakeholders within the community
Skills and experience
- Excellent communication skills both in person and over the phone
- Ability to engage with 15 to 17 year olds and their parents in an enthusiastic and authentic way
- Motivation to work towards and exceed targets
- Ability to adapt presentation style to a varied audience
- A strong work ethic and excellent time management skills
- Experience managing own workload and working as part of a team
- Able to take direction and carry out tasks to a high standard
- A passion for, and understanding of, building better communities and commitment to the aims of NCS
- Experience coordinating events or projects
- Experience working with groups of young people either paid or as a volunteer; confident in speaking to large groups of young people; commitment to safeguarding young people
- Ability to form good relationships with partners; able to work collaboratively with people on projects across various departments, zone and locations
- Experience in leading, coaching and motivating people and teams
- Strikingly positive attitude and integrity; ability to strive for continuous improvement by seeking and sharing feedback appropriately and respectfully, whilst performing at their best
- Able to work in a fast paced and demanding environment; adaptable and responsive to changing to situations
- A strong academic record or relevant equivalent experience
- Sales experience
The Challenge is committed to safeguarding and protecting the young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our programmes.
We expect all staff and post holders to share this commitment to safeguarding by ensuring compliance with our policies and practices.
Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK or have a valid visa or work permit for a minimum of 6 months at the time of application will be considered for this role.
In addition to being part of a fun, dynamic and challenging workforce, we are proud to offer an attractive benefits package including contributory pension, Simplyhealth cash plan, Ride 2 Work, childcare vouchers, season ticket travel card loan etc. to eligible employees.
- Status: This is a full-time, permanent role
- Salary: £20,000 per annum
- To apply: Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter to
Please add NCS Sales Delivery Associate and your preferred location in the subject line of the email
- No Agencies