Start date: January 2018
The Challenge’s vision is a more integrated society where there is understanding and appreciation of each other’s differences. We design and deliver programmes that bring different people together to develop their confidence and skills in understanding and connecting with others. We believe everyone benefits when people from all walks of life come together to better know, understand and trust each other. This also applies to the people we employ to work with us. As an equal opportunities employer our aim is to have a diverse workforce to reflect the communities we work in.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, rapidly growing organisation, working with young people and local communities across the country.
About the role
We are looking for an organised, enthusiastic Workflow Analyst for our Customer Calling Team.
The Customer Calling Team complete various strands of work across two sites, Manchester and London. They make outbound calls to young people and/or their parents or guardians who have expressed an interest in taking part in the NCS programme. The team also make outbound retention calls to people who have signed up to take part in NCS to ensure that they complete their journey. They also take inbound calls from people wanting to sign up, or to ask any questions they may have about the programme.
The purpose of this role is to support the Customer Calling Team fulfil customer and operational demand including forward planning for agent allocation to meet call priorities within SLAs, engaging with key stakeholders for inputs, advising where necessary and tracking adherence to plans to ensure resource meets required service levels and managing tactical changes intraday.
You should be passionate about the mission and values of the Challenge and be prepared to work creatively to provide solutions. You will work closely with other teams to deliver an efficient and high quality customer journey in a fast paced environment.
- Workflow and capacity management - ensuring adequate resource applied to meet demand of inbound/outbound calls.
- Effectively managing and balancing priorities, especially where demand outstrips supply
- Identifying and implementing process/policy improvements to benefit the department/organisation.
- Working closely with the customer calling managers and team leaders to ensure harmonious continuation of day to day work.
- Annual leave management
- KPI reporting and management
- SLA management
Skills and experience
- Experience of working in a workflow/resource planning capacity
- Experience managing SLAs
- Ability to work creatively to meet demand without sophisticated resource planning system
- Experience managing and reporting on KPI performance
- Strong numeracy
- Competence with Excel
- Ability to work to quality and quantity targets, with the ability to prioritise
- Attention to detail and strong organisational skills
- Ability to work well with a small team off site
- Experience of using Salesforce
- Experience of using Google Docs
- Someone who is adept at both strategic and tactical planning. Who is equally comfortable setting and sticking to a plan but also being flexible where required.
- Remaining calm under pressure and being assertive
- Enthusiasm for, and commitment to, our mission and values with the ability to bring this to life when serving customers and working with colleagues
The Challenge is committed to safeguarding and protecting the young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our programmes.
We expect all staff and post holders to share this commitment to safeguarding by ensuring compliance with our policies and practices.
Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK or have a valid visa or work permit for a minimum of 6 months at the time of application will be considered for this role.
In addition to being part of a fun, dynamic and challenging workforce, we are proud to offer an attractive benefits package including contributory pension, Simplyhealth cash plan, Ride 2 Work, childcare vouchers, season ticket travel card loan etc. to eligible employees.
- Status: This is a full-time, Permanent
- Salary: £23,000 per annum
- Requires regular shift and weekend working (shifts may cover hours from 0900-2000 and weekends 1000-1800)
- Interview process: ‘Selection for this position will include a face to face interview, commencing in January 2018.