Compliance Associate - Step Forward
Start date: 5th March 2018
Location: Waterloo, London
The Challenge is a national charity that was founded in 2009. Our mission is to connect and inspire people to strengthen their communities. We bring together local people across all generations, ethnic groups and incomes to build a stronger society. This also applies to the people we employ to work with us. As an equal opportunities employer our aim is to have a diverse workforce from all walks of life to reflect the communities we work in.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast moving, rapidly growing organisation, working with young people and local communities across the country.
Step Forward is an innovative apprenticeship programme, designed and run by The Challenge. From thousands of applicants, we carefully select hundreds of the most able and eager. We prepare them for professional work, and provide day-release training over the course of the programme. Employers have the opportunity to tap into this diverse, inclusive and motivated talent pool. We set up interviews with our pre-screened candidates and support the selection process. We do all the leg-work, and remove the hiring headaches. Apprentices make a valuable contribution across a range of industries and functions. Once in role, we provide the young people with ongoing mentoring and support. This is complemented by hands-on, year-round support to the employer.
About the role
As the Compliance Associate, you will report to the Compliance Manager. Your primary function will be assisting in (and ultimately leading) on-programme compliance processes and ensuring the accuracy of internal data submissions/collections from the wider team. Other responsibilities include:
- Leading the setup and coordination of Step Forward induction and completion sessions
- Implementing on-programme compliance processes, including learner documentation storage and change of circumstance systems
- Managing and administering exams
- Performing learner progress review documentation audits
- Supporting and preparing for external audits and inspections from various stakeholders
- Assisting with learner data gathering, entry, audit and reconciliation
- Supporting compliance process development and implementation
- Staying abreast of relevant awarding body, assessment organisation and ESFA requirements
- Addressing internal compliance related queries
Skills and experience
- Logical thinker who picks up new ideas quickly
- Rigorous attention to detail and ability to problem solve
- A resilient work ethic and excellent time management skills
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and manage own workloads
- Able to:
- work to quality and quantity targets
- keep track of a number of diverse, high volume projects
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience using Salesforce or similar CRM platforms, and MI systems including YETi
- Experience in handling confidential information and data protection procedures
- Committed, self-motivated and proactive
- Enthusiastic about working in a small team where everyone gets involved in front-line delivery
- Knowledge of Education and Skills Funding Agency funding rules and experience in apprenticeship compliance
- Experience using various awarding body assessment platforms including Edexcel and AAT
- Familiar with JCQ instructions for conducting examinations guidelines
- This is a full-time, fixed-term contract until 31st January 2019
- Salary offer is £27,000 pro-rata.
- Please note: Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications normally received, we are unable to contact all applicants.
The Challenge operates Safer Recruitment Practices for all roles within the organisation. Successful applicants will be required to provide a valid and acceptable Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check (previously CRB).
Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK or have a valid visa or work permit for a minimum of 6 months at the time of application will be considered for this role.