Sales Calling Team, Team Leader
Start date: March 2018
The Challenge’s vision is a more integrated society where there is understanding and appreciation of each other’s differences. We design and deliver programmes that bring different people together to develop their confidence and skills in understanding and connecting with others. We believe everyone benefits when people from all walks of life come together to better know, understand and trust each other. This also applies to the people we employ to work with us. As an equal opportunities employer our aim is to have a diverse workforce to reflect the communities we work in.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, rapidly growing organisation, working with young people and local communities across the country.
About the role
We are looking for an organised, enthusiastic Team Leader for the Sales Calling Team in Manchester. This role will be split between assisting the Team Managers with the smooth, successful running of the department and also making calls to customers.
Your time will be spent assisting with the supervision of a team of Sales Calling Agents as well as making calls yourself. The Sales Calling Team make calls to, and handle inbound calls from, warm leads to sign up and retain young people up to our NCS programme and to answer customer queries. Successful candidates will work in a fast paced and developing environment with a focus on customer experience and outcome and an expectation to meet stretching productivity and quality targets across three strands of work: inbound telesales and customer service calls, outbound telesales calls and outbound retention calls.
You will work closely with other teams to deliver an efficient and high quality customer journey in a fast paced environment, with high volumes and targets to work towards
- Motivating agents to achieve KPIs and Targets
- Being a subject matter expert - this will mean you are adept at query handling, floor walking and assisting new starters. Full training on our programmes and NCS will be provided
- Assisting with and delivering training
- Completing agent related admin (holiday requests, system problems, on boarding etc.)
- Working closely with managers to ensure agents are equipped and supported to hit their targets
- Monitoring and reporting on KPIs, performance and behaviour
- Supporting the use of our telephony and CRM system (Salesforce), troubleshooting issues and identifying solutions
- Enforcing behavioural standards
- Making calls to parents, guardians and specialists as much as demand allows
- Being a point of escalation for customer queries and potential complaints
Skills and experience
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong time management whilst working to tight deadlines
- Competence with Excel
- Ability to work to quality and quantity targets, with the ability to prioritise
- Ability to organise workloads for yourself and others
- Attention to detail and strong organisational skills
- Ability to support and motivate colleagues
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of working in customer facing environment, preferably in a contact centre or sales team
- Experience of supervising or managing people or teams
- Experience in monitoring and reporting performance against targets
The Challenge is committed to safeguarding and protecting the young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our programmes.
We expect all staff and post holders to share this commitment to safeguarding by ensuring compliance with our policies and practices.
Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK or have a valid visa or work permit for a minimum of 6 months at the time of application will be considered for this role.
In addition to being part of a fun, dynamic and challenging workforce, we are proud to offer an attractive benefits package including contributory pension, Simplyhealth cash plan, Ride 2 Work, childcare vouchers, season ticket travel card loan etc. to eligible employees.
- This is permanent position on a full time basis
- Salary: £21K per annum pro rata
- Hours are 12-8 Tue, Weds, Thurs, Fri and 10-6 Sat