NCS Assistant Relationship Manager
Start date: Immediate
The Challenge is a national charity that was founded in 2009. Our mission is to connect and inspire people to strengthen their communities. We bring together local people across all generations, ethnic groups and incomes to build a stronger society.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast moving, rapidly growing organisation, working with young people and local communities across the country.
Working within the Sales department, and with line management and support provided by a Relationship Manager, the Assistant Relationship Manager will be responsible for establishing, strengthening and maintaining high quality, long lasting relationships across The Challenge’s NCS delivery areas.
NCS is a government backed programme that helps young people (age 15-17) build skills for work, life and transition into adulthood. This is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of a small innovative team within the organisation, and take responsibility for shaping strategies used on a local and national level.
The Assistant Relationship Manager’s primary responsibilities will be:
- Establish, develop and maintain strong relationships with senior stakeholders (primarily in colleges and schools) in order to build support of NCS with The Challenge
- Supporting the NCS Relationship Manager in wider advocacy work and in establishing links with local media sources
- Building a network of advocates in colleges and schools by establishing broad relationships with multiple points of contact
- Increase brand awareness with key stakeholders by e.g. networking, attending meetings, events or conferences throughout the year to pave the way for Sales and Marketing Teams to recruit young people for our NCS programme
- Continued investment in relationships by attending sales events at institutions you have relationships with and by scheduling regular communications
We are looking for outstanding individuals with the following qualities:
- Experience in senior level relationship and account management
- Gravitas with senior stakeholders and experience in networking
- Strong presentation skills
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to listen to the customer and understand their needs
- Experience of or willingness to work in a target driven environment
- Evidence of high levels of organisation with the ability to manage a busy workload
- Experience of project management with successful outcomes
- Professionalism: Strong work ethic, time keeping, responsiveness, ability to manage a variety of relationships to a high level
- Gravitas with senior stakeholders
- Energy and initiative: A can-do attitude with an enthusiastic and persuasive personality
- Persistence and determination
- Flexibility: Adjusts work schedules, plans, prioritises as required to fulfil overall objectives Ability to think and plan ahead and be reactive within the team
- Empathy/understanding: able to adapt your approach to suit customer needs
- Responsibility: Take responsibility within and beyond the role
- Trust: Trusted by colleagues to always deliver
- Team work: Collaborates across region and department in pursuit of common goals
- Humble: A positive, helpful attitude at all times in what is a busy and challenging role
- Calm under pressure
- Strives for continous improvement by seeking and sharing feedback appropriately and respectfully
- Learns from their mistakes and always commits to performing at their best
- NCS experience
- Understanding of post 16 education and experience working with post 16 education establishments
- Understanding of secondary schools and/or the education sector
- Understanding of local authorities
- Sales and marketing experience
- Experience of working with Excel
- Experience working with CRM systems
- Driving licence – full
In addition to being part of a fun, dynamic and challenging workforce, we are proud to offer an attractive benefits package including contributory pension, Simplyhealth cash plan, Ride 2 Work, childcare vouchers, season ticket travel card loan etc. to eligible employees.
- This is a fixed term role until end of November 2017
- Salary: £20, 000 per annum
Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK or have a valid visa or work permit for a minimum of 6 months at the time of application will be considered for this role.