Start date: 24th April 2017
Location: London Waterloo
The Challenge is a national charity that was founded in 2009. Our vision is a more integrated society where there is understanding and appreciation of each other’s differences. Our mission is to design and deliver programmes that bring different people together to develop their confidence and skills in understanding and connection with others. This also applies to the people we employ to work with us. As an equal opportunities employer our aim is to have a diverse workforce from all walks of life to reflect the communities we work in.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast moving, rapidly growing organisation, working with young people and local communities across the country.
We are looking for a customer focused individual to ensure the smooth delivery of our services. You will be working closely with the Contact Centre manager to ensure we are meeting our delivery targets dealing with large volumes of customer enquiries over the telephone, via email, SMS and chat as well as social media. You will deliver a high standard of customer service in a fast paced environment, as well as being flexible enough to support other teams if needed.
- Alongside of the Contact Centre manager, running the daily supervision of the Contact Centre Team service delivery, working with management team to ensure support is provided for all shifts (this includes reviewing shift patterns and pre-plan potential support from other CS/TS workstreams)
- Monitoring and driving performance against targets on a ‘minute by minute’ basis, including checking the wallboard and ensuring agents quickly re-prioritise to meet peaks in demand
- Managing and delegating a variety of daily tasks, ensuring these are completed within tight deadlines, prioritising and changing demand focus to meet customers needs.
- Spotting problems and finding innovative solutions to allow the smooth running of the Contact Centre
- Reviewing and providing sign-off for internal and external FAQs
- Motivating, coaching and developing all team members through planned call/ case quality monitoring and evaluation sessions
- Overseeing the design and delivery of training to new staff members and identifying refresher training requirements for the rest of the team
- Dealing with and owning escalated complaint calls. Assisting with the investigation and resolution of formal complaints
- Line managing of agents (including leave management)
- During peak times handling customer communications: mainly by telephone, email, SMS and social media
- Deputising for the Contact Centre manager including:
- Assisting with delivery and completion of weekly KPI delivering and reporting as well as weekly updates on behalf of the Contact Centre
- Coordinating finance and HR compliance, including invoicing, budgeting and recruitment activity
We are looking for outstanding individuals with the following qualities:
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Line management
- Coaching and motivating a team, and holding people accountable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management skill, with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work to quality and quantity targets
- Attention to detail and strong organisational skills
- Giving and receiving feedback to improve performance
- Working knowledge of Contact Centre telephony systems
- Working knowledge of Salesforce CRM
- Practical experience of line management
- Enjoying talking to people, being helpful and doing all you can to agree solutions to challenges
- Being calm under pressure and remaining assertive
- Enthusiasm for, and commitment to, our mission and values with the ability to bring this to life when serving customers and working with colleagues
- Sharing knowledge, experience and best practise with other team members and other workstreams
- This is a fixed term one year maternity cover position
- Salary: £27,000 per annum
- Requires some shift and weekend working (shifts may cover hours from 0900-1900 and weekends 0900-1500). Typically this can involve 0900-1700 shifts, 1100-1900 shifts and Saturday and Sunday shifts
- Willingness to travel to our regional offices
Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK or have a valid visa or work permit for a minimum of 6 months at the time of application will be considered for this role.