Outreach Sales Associate - NCS
Start date: June 2017
The Challenge is a national charity that was founded in 2009. Our mission is to connect and inspire people to strengthen their communities. We bring together local people across all generations, ethnic groups and incomes to build a stronger society.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast moving, rapidly growing organisation, working with young people and local communities across the country.
About the role
The Outreach Sales Associate will work with the Regional Sales Manager and the Inclusion Sales Manager to implement the inclusion strategy within the regional team they are part of. They will support the local teams and build relationships in the community to sign up hard to reach young people. The role will work to help the Sales Manager fulfil our mission and work towards ensuring that our NCS programmes is accessible to all. They will actively work towards targets for engaging young people from pupil referral units, councils and other organisations, and will offer advice and support to the regional Sales Team in achieving their inclusion targets.
The Outreach Sales Associate’s primary responsibilities will be:
- Relationship building: Creating successful long term relationships with Local Authorities, community organisations and pupil referral units who can refer hard to reach young people to us.
- Signing up young people to NCS: Recruit some of the most vulnerable young people in the community with a particular focus on young people who are in care and those that attend pupil referral units (PRUs). Recruit these young people through delivering presentations and classes and following up leads with calls to young people, parents and guardians.
- Personal coach scheme: ensure we are referring young people to the personal coach programme through relationship building with local authorities, support workers, parents and young people and persevering through a long referral and application process. Keep in touch regularly with all stakeholders with phone calls, emails and meetings.
- Supporting local teams with inclusive best practice and advise – being the ‘inclusion expert’ in the zone who offers advice when needed and works with the NCS Inclusion Sales Manager to escalate zonal concerns and implement new processes and support with training when needed.
- Target monitoring – work closely with the Sales Manager and National Sales Inclusion Manager to ensure your targets are being achieved.
We are looking for outstanding individuals with the following qualities:
- Experience of engaging vulnerable young people;
- Experience of building relationships with schools or PRUs
- Experience working with community organisations and local authorities;
- Ability to manage own workload whilst supporting other colleagues;
- Can-do attitude with an enthusiastic and persuasive personality;
- Organised with the ability to juggle a varied and busy workload;
- Able to work collaboratively with people on projects across various departments and locations;
- Strives for continuous improvement by seeking and sharing feedback appropriately and respectfully;
- Learns from their mistakes and always commits to performing at their best.
- A self –starter able when needed, to work pro-actively and independently
- Experience of working in a sales or target driven environment
- Full driving license
In addition to being part of a fun, dynamic and challenging workforce, we are proud to offer an attractive benefits package including contributory pension, Simplyhealth cash plan, Ride 2 Work, childcare vouchers, season ticket travel card loan etc. to eligible employees.
- This is a permanent role.
- Salary*: £21,000
Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK or have a valid visa or work permit for a minimum of 6 months at the time of application will be considered for this role.
* Internal applicants moving within the role band (e.g STL, APM) will still be eligible for length-of-service salary review and increases