NCS Delivery Engagement Coordinator
Start date: June 2017 – August 2017 Fixed Term Contract
This is a unique opportunity to join The Challenge over the summer delivery period.
The Challenge is the UK's leading charity for building a more integrated society. We work on a local level to bring together people from all ages, ethnicities and walks of life, connecting communities and building trust.
For more information about what The Challenge does and its values, please visit our website www.the-challenge.org.
The Challenge is looking for Engagement Coordinators. You will be involved in a fast-paced Sales Team recruiting young people on to the National Citizen Service (NCS). NCS is a government backed programme that helps young people (age 15-17) build skills for work, life and transition into adulthood.
The NCS Delivery Engagement Coordinator’s primary responsibilities will be:
- Assist young people and their parents through the sign up process from initial expression of interest to turning up for the programme, primarily through phone calls
- Exciting and persuading young people to sign up to NCS through follow up phone calls
- Retention of young people through presentations at information evenings and phone calls prior to each programme
- Working as part of a team towards individual and team targets
- Responsible for lead generation and conversion – increasing the number of people signing up to NCS
- Proactively identify new opportunities to recruit new schools and new groups of young people
- Administrative duties to support sales and sign up processes.
Looking for candidates with:
- Ability to communicate and engage with young people aged 15-17 and their parents/guardians in both group and individual settings
- Ability to adapt presentation style to a varied audience
- A strong work ethic, excellent time management skills and motivated to work towards targets
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workloads and work as part of a team or individually as required
- Experience in using computer applications such as Microsoft Office and email
- Experience of working in a people facing role and establishing relationships
- Interest and enthusiasm in the youth and not for profit sector.
- Good knowledge of local area
- Sales experience
- Public speaking experience
- Experience working with 15-17 year olds and/or within the education sector
- A dynamic and challenging place of work
- A personal learning and development plan
- Internal and external training opportunities
- Contributory pension and Simply health cash plan
- Ride 2 Work, childcare vouchers, season ticket travel card loan etc.
- Progression opportunities for exceptional candidates.
This is a fixed term contract based on a salary of £19,000 per annum. You will be required to work 35 hours a week adapted to fit departmental needs e.g. 10-6, 11- 7, 9-5, 8-4. Early mornings and late evenings are required at different times of the year.
Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK or have a valid visa or work permit for a minimum of 6 months at the time of application will be considered for this role.