Learning & Development Assistant
Start date: ASAP
Location: Waterloo, London
The Challenge’s vision is a more integrated society where there is understanding and appreciation of each other’s differences. We believe everyone benefits when people of different ages, incomes and ethnicities come together. We seek to strengthen society by integrating people from all walks of life, building modern-day methods to bring people together. By mixing people from different backgrounds we aim to produce a more resilient society where we better know, understand and trust each other. We currently deliver our mission principally through three programmes that enable young people of all backgrounds to mix, work, develop and volunteer in their communities.
This also applies to the people we employ to work with us. As an equal opportunities employer our aim is to have a diverse workforce from all walks of life to reflect the communities we work in.
About the role
The role is an exciting opportunity for a creative and self-motivated individual to join our L&D department. As a team, we support the growth of the organisation by providing a learning and development offer to approximately 750 employees to drive excellence across our workforce nationally.
We are looking for an individual with experience in coordinating programmes or events, with a proactive attitude and desire to make a positive impact on staff development. This role will report to the Learning & Development (L&D) Officer, and will be responsible for the coordination and logistical delivery of the L&D offer, the maintenance of our Learning Management System (LMS) and the provision of all administrative support to the L&D department.
Coordination of L&D offer
- Scheduling all courses and events in the L&D annual training calendar
- Managing the registration process for all L&D courses and ensuring staff members are invited to courses in a timely manner
- Coordinating all logistics for L&D courses and events, including, sourcing and booking venues, preparing resources, booking travel and accommodation, and working alongside regional offices to prepare for, set up and set down all L&D courses and events.
- Working with internal and external facilitators to ensure the smooth delivery of the L&D offer
- Where required, researching and supporting with the sourcing of new training providers for L&D courses and events
Maintenance of HR and L&D online platforms
- In collaboration with our HR department, administering all learner records on our Learning Management System (LMS) and HR Information System (HRIS)
- Creating weekly reports on course completion activity for senior stakeholders
Staff Engagement Survey
- Supporting the administration of the bi-monthly staff engagement survey
- Analysing staff engagement survey data to identify and report on key trends in collaboration with the L&D Head of Department.
- In collaboration with HR, ensuring all new starters receive a timely and smooth induction into the company
- Coordinating the logistics of our bi-monthly welcome event
General Administration and Support
- Acting as the first line support for all queries received in the L&D training inbox
- Working closely with the L&D Officer to maintain and improve L&D processes
- Managing the L&D training space, including ensuring the space is tidy and organised at all times and managing staff bookings
- Maintaining the national training register to ensure the L&D department has accurate data on all training attendance
- Administering the evaluation process to support the department in measuring the impact of all L&D interventions
- Supporting the L&D Head of Department with the monthly credit card reconciliation on all L&D programme-related spend
Skills and experience
- Demonstrable experience of coordinating a high volume of events at any one time
- Excellent organisational skills including the ability to manage a busy workload and multiple priorities
- A natural and effective communicator (verbal and written), with ability to build credible relationships quickly
- Ability to analyse data and identify trends
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrable experience of creating and implementing a new administrative process
- Self-motivated, resourceful and able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a continuously evolving environment
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and respond to challenging priorities
- Empathy with the values and mission of The Challenge. Our Leadership Framework measures employee performance against the following competencies:
- Acts in accordance with our values and behaviour sets
- Displays drive and purpose
- Delivers results
- Demonstrates resilience
- Demonstrates self-awareness and a desire to develop
- Experience and interest in Learning and Development
- Experience with Learning Management Systems
The Challenge operates Safer Recruitment Practices for all roles within the organisation. Successful applicants will be required to provide a valid and acceptable Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check (previously CRB).
Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK or have a valid visa or work permit for a minimum of 6 months at the time of application will be considered for this role.
In addition to being part of a fun, dynamic and challenging workforce, we are proud to offer an attractive benefits package including contributory pension, Simplyhealth cash plan, Ride 2 Work, childcare vouchers, season ticket travel card loan etc. to eligible employees.
- Status: This is a full-time, permanent role
- Salary: £23,000 per annum
- Interview process: selection for this position will involve one interview and a competency based task. Interviews will take place between 26th – 28th July
- Please visit our website http://the-challenge.org/ for further information