Start date: ASAP
The Challenge is a national charity that was founded in 2009. Our mission is to connect and inspire
people to strengthen their communities. We bring together local people across all generations, ethnic
groups and incomes to build a stronger society.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast moving, rapidly growing organisation, working with young
people and local communities across the country.
About the role
The role is known internally as a Staffing Associate. The staffing department will recruit 3500 leaders,
mentors, practitioners and other staff to work on the NCS with The Challenge spring, summer and
autumn programmes in 2015.
The Staffing Associate is responsible for the recruitment and selection of summer staff in the local
region to work with young people on the NCS with The Challenge spring, summer and autumn
The Staffing Associate’s primary responsibilities will be:
Attraction and sales Building relationships with and presenting to a variety of sources of summer staff,
including universities, youth charities and public sector organisations in order to recruit temporary staff
Selection Using Candidate Management System to screen applications, leading group selection
events and matching the needs of young people with appropriately-qualified staff
Communication Ensure summer staff are informed of all information regarding the dates and location
for their role, responsible for relationship management with all candidates and liaising to ensure clear
communication prior to start of role.
We are looking for outstanding individuals with the following qualities:
- High-level oral communication skills to build internal and external relationships
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Interest in building stronger communities and seeing change in society
- Outstanding organisation skills and commitment to detail
- Positive, flexible approach to problem-solving
- Ability to use candidate management system within Salesforce
- Ability to work independently
- Recruiting staff to work with young people
- Managing another person and setting their goals and priorities
- Managing relationships with external organisations
- Working in partnership with youth or community organisations
In addition to being part of a fun, dynamic and challenging workforce, we are proud to offer an
attractive benefits package including contributory pension, Simplyhealth cash plan, Ride 2 Work,
childcare vouchers, season ticket travel card loan etc. to eligible employees.
This is a full-time role based in Manchester.
Salary: £20,000 per annum
Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter by Friday 21st July 2017
Interviews will be held on the Friday 28th July 2017
Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK or have a valid visa or work permit for a minimum of
6 months at the time of application will be considered for this role.