Step Forward is a one-year programme for young people, aged 17-20 in London. Through Step Forward, we help young people build networks by connecting them directly with employers and equipping them with the skills they need to shine at university or work and beyond.
Employers find it increasingly difficult to reach the young people they need while many school leavers lack the networks to help them hear about jobs. With up to 40% of all jobs filled by word of mouth, it's not just what you know, but who you know.
Step Forward apprentices get a paid job for 12 months along with one day a week of free professional development training, support from a fully trained mentor, and friends and connections made for life.
To hear a bit more from the Step Forward team, take a look at our blog.
Are you a London-based employer interested in taking on an apprentice?
Step Forward is looking for employers to give a young person a step up in their career in a variety of roles.
- A paid job with a quality employer for 12 months
- A salary of £9,000 over the course of the year
- Nationally recognised apprenticeship training
- Free personal and professional development training
- A valuable professional network of contacts
- Business Support Services
- IT, Software and Web Development
- IT (Salesforce)
- Social Media and Digital Marketing
- Early Years Education
“‘Working with Step Forward to build our apprenticeship programme has been a huge success. It has allowed us to connect with bright, motivated and enthusiastic students and we look forward to continuing to work with them in the future."
Hannah Jennings, Bloomberg