Step Forward is a one-year programme for young people, aged 17-20 in London. Through Step Forward, we help young people build networks by connecting them directly with employers and equipping them with the skills they need to shine at university or work and beyond.
Employers find it increasingly difficult to reach the young people they need while many school leavers lack the networks to help them hear about jobs. With up to 40% of all jobs filled by word of mouth, it's not just what you know, but who you know.
Step Forward associates get a paid job for 12 months along with one day a week of free professional development training, support from a fully trained mentor, and friends and connections made for life.
To hear from some of our current associates about their time on Step Forward have a look at the associate blog.
- A paid job with a quality employer for 12 months
- A salary of £9,000 over the course of the year
- Nationally recognised apprenticeship training
- Free personal and professional development training
- A valuable professional network of contacts
The seven pathways
- Business Support Services
- IT, Software and Web Development
- IT (Salesforce)
- Social Media and Digital Marketing
- Early Years Education
“‘It is a great opportunity to gain experience as well as learning relevant professional and transferable skills. You meet new people and have the year to sort out your ideas and plans for the future’’
Step Forward associate