NCS Engagement Coordinator
Start date: Immediate start
Location: Bradford, (office based in Leeds)
The Challenge’s vision is a more integrated society where there is understanding and appreciation of each other’s differences. We design and deliver programmes that bring different people together to develop their confidence and skills in understanding and connecting with others. We believe everyone benefits when people from all walks of life come together to better know, understand and trust each other. This also applies to the people we employ to work with us. As an equal opportunities employer our aim is to have a diverse workforce to reflect the communities we work in.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, rapidly growing organisation, working with young people and local communities across the country.
About the role
The Challenge is looking for Engagement Coordinators. You will be involved in a fast-paced Sales Team recruiting young people onto the National Citizen Service (NCS). NCS is a government backed programme that helps young people (age 15-17) build skills for work, life and transition into adulthood
- Directly reach out to target schools and 6th forms to get involved in NCS programmes
- Support school engagement for year-round NCS programmes through calls and meetings
- Support recruitment and engagement of young people for upcoming programmes, primarily through schools, further education colleges and community groups
- Build and foster long standing relationships with a wide range of audiences, including young people, teachers and parents
- Exciting and persuading young people to sign up to NCS through presentations in assemblies, PSHE classes and follow up phone calls
- Assist young people and their parents through the sign up process from initial expression of interest to turning up for the programme, primarily through phone calls
- Retention of young people through presentations at information evenings and phone calls prior to each programme
- Working as part of a team towards individual and team targets
- Responsible for lead generation and conversion – increasing the number of people signing up to NCS
- Proactively identify new opportunities to recruit new schools and new groups of young people
- Administrative duties to support sales and sign up processes.
Skills and experience
- Ability to communicate and engage with young people aged 15-17 and their parents/guardians in large audience, small group and individual settings
- Ability to adapt communication and presentation style to different stakeholders
- A strong work ethic, excellent time management skills and motivated to work towards targets
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workloads and work as part of a team or individually as required
- Experience in using computer applications such as Microsoft Office and email
- Experience of working in a people facing role and establishing relationships
- Interest and enthusiasm in the youth and not-for-profit sector
- Experience working with young people (particularly teens aged 15-17) in Bradford, particularly within education, public and/or or third sector settings
- Local knowledge of Bradford
- Public speaking experience
- Full driving license (in the North West, Yorkshire, West Midlands and Surrey)
- Ability to understand and speak Urdu and/or Punjabi
- Sales experience
- A dynamic and challenging place of work
- A personal learning and development plan
- Internal training opportunities
- Contributory pension and Simply health cash plan
- Ride 2 Work, childcare vouchers, season ticket travel card loan etc.
- Progression opportunities for exceptional candidates.
The Challenge is committed to safeguarding and protecting the young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our programmes.
We expect all staff and post holders to share this commitment to safeguarding by ensuring compliance with our policies and practices.
Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK or have a valid visa or work permit for a minimum of 6 months at the time of application will be considered for this role.
In addition to being part of a fun, dynamic and challenging workforce, we are proud to offer an attractive benefits package including contributory pension, Simplyhealth cash plan, Ride 2 Work, childcare vouchers, season ticket travel card loan etc. to eligible employees.
- Status: This is a full-time position
- Salary: 18,000 per annum/competative
- Interview process: If you are selected for interview, you wil be contacted via email for an interview date during the week of 11th