Team assistant – Customer Services
Location: London / Manchester offices
The Challenge is a national charity that was founded in 2009. Our vision is a more integrated society where there is understanding and appreciation of each other’s differences. Our mission is to design and deliver programmes that bring different people together to develop their confidence and skills in understanding and connecting with others. This also applies to the people we employ to work with us. As an equal opportunities employer our aim is to have a diverse workforce from all walks of life to reflect the communities we work in.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast moving, rapidly growing organisation, working with young people and local communities across the country.
About the role
We are looking for a motivated volunteer to join us as a Team assistant, within our dynamic, high-performing Customer Services department to deliver a great customer experience.
This is an excellent opportunity to enhance your CV, you will develop new and existing skills and gain experience, meet new people and get the satisfaction of knowing you are making a vital difference to the work of The Challenge.
The Customer Services department is made up of 5 teams –
In Manchester: the Telesales team call interested YPPGs to take sign ups and the Inclusion Call Centre make outbound medical calls. In London: the Inclusion & Support Service team provide logistical support to be inclusive, the Contact Centre deal with inbound communications (calls, emails, SMS, chat) and lastly, the Communications & Applications team which process applications to our NCS programme from parents and young people, from sign up to graduation, as well as manage outbound communications (emails, letters, SMS) to ensure a smooth and efficient customer journey.
Reporting to team managers, you will be assisting the team with any administration duties seen as appropriate, contributing to the efficient delivery of our programme. Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the customer services office is kept clean and tidy by all staff, this includes data protection check. No personal information should be left on desks overnight or kept unlocked.
- Taking minutes during meeting as instructed by the meeting chair
- Carrying out basic administrative tasks such as scanning and printing meeting materials
- Going through the customer journey and highlighting any ideas to improve the journey
- Opening the daily mail and distributing it accordingly
- Proofreading documents as needed
- Reviewing and providing feedback on training manuals
- Booking venues for external meetings and rooms for internal meetings
- Potentially dealing with enquiries that come in via chat and emails following adequate training and quality monitoring
- Undertaking other duties, as reasonably assigned
We are looking for an outstanding individual with the following qualities:
Essential skills / experience
– Fully computer literate and comfortable with the main Microsoft Office tools, databases and emails
– Customer centred thinking – you will have interest for customers and their satisfaction. You will follow plans with the customer in mind.
– Collaborative work – supporting existing teams
– Able to coordinate multiple tasks, ensuring deadlines are communicated and met
Desirable skills / experience
– Experience of systems and technology – such as CRM (Salesforce) and databases (Excel) that underpin customer services delivery
– Good written and verbal communication skills – including the ability to communicate effectively with customers, and engage a range of colleagues
– Enthusiasm for our mission and values – with the ability to bring this to life when serving customers and working with colleagues
- Friendly, approachable and proactive character
– Comfortable volunteering by yourself and being able to use your own initiative and ask for help when needed
- Time commitment and duration: Flexible, including weekend work
- This is a volunteer position and there is no remuneration. Work-related travel expenses will be covered.
Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK or have a valid visa or work permit for a minimum of 6 months at the time of application will be considered for this role.
We receive a multitude of applications and are therefore only able to get back to successful applicants. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of your application, please assume that on this occasion you have unfortunately not been successful.