Employer Engagement Coordinator
Start date: ASAP
Location: Waterloo, London
The Challenge’s vision is a more integrated society where there is understanding and appreciation of each other’s differences. We design and deliver programmes that bring different people together to develop their confidence and skills in understanding and connecting with others. We believe everyone benefits when people from all walks of life come together to better know, understand and trust each other. This also applies to the people we employ to work with us. As an equal opportunities employer our aim is to have a diverse workforce to reflect the communities we work in.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, rapidly growing organisation, working with young people and local communities across the country.
About the role
To manage incoming and outgoing employer communications, this would include responding to employer requests, liaising with internal teams to identify upcoming employer requests and leading on central employer communications.
- Employer queries – providing support to employers adhoc queries that arise over the course of the apprenticeship programme and managing these queries in a timely manner
- Working with internal teams including Delivery and Compliance Teams to help support with employer responses
- Working closely with the Delivery Team to understand any upcoming changes that will affect employers and proactively managing communications around this
- Overseeing the employer communications plan and providing updates to employers in advance of key dates (block weeks, exams, Step Events)
- Supporting employers and the Compliance Team with documentation and information to be gathered or shared with either group
- Supporting the Central Marketing Team with general website maintenance; keeping the website up to date including the employer resources published
- Providing additional support to employers or teams as required
Skills and experience
- Communication skills, written and verbal: ability to communicate with different stakeholder groups, including senior level stakeholders
- Stakeholder management – ability to effectively manage relationships with external, often senior stakeholders by both providing a high quality service and holding stakeholders to account when required
- Organisational skills and prioritisation – ability to manage multiple requests and deadlines
- Ability to create user friendly processes from scratch and effectively track, monitor and report information
- Collaborative – can work closely with other teams, with a helpful and friendly attitude
- Proactive – ability to identify problems and opportunities in advance of them arising, to enable Step Forward to deliver an excellent level of service to employers
- Ability to effectively manage up to senior colleagues within the Step Forward team
- Experience of using a CRM or other database/MIS
- Using Salesforce for generating reports
The Challenge is committed to safeguarding and protecting the young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our programmes.
We expect all staff and post holders to share this commitment to safeguarding by ensuring compliance with our policies and practices.
Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK or have a valid visa or work permit for a minimum of 6 months at the time of application will be considered for this role.
In addition to being part of a fun, dynamic and challenging workforce, we are proud to offer an attractive benefits package including contributory pension, Simply health cash plan, Ride 2 Work, childcare vouchers, season ticket travel card loan to eligible employees.
- Status: Full time and fixed term until 31 Januarary 2019
- Salary: £26,000 per annum