NCS Sales Administration Manager
Start date: January 2018
The Challenge’s vision is a more integrated society where there is understanding and appreciation of each other’s differences. We design and deliver programmes that bring different people together to develop their confidence and skills in understanding and connecting with others. We believe everyone benefits when people from all walks of life come together to better know, understand and trust each other. This also applies to the people we employ to work with us. As an equal opportunities employer our aim is to have a diverse workforce to reflect the communities we work in.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, rapidly growing organisation, working with young people and local communities across the country.
About the role
Reporting to the London Senior Sales Manager the Administration Manager runs a team of Administrators locally and has oversight of Administrators nationally. The Administration team support the work of the Sales Field Team and Accounts Team for the NCS Programme. We are looking for a motivational people manager who is used to working to strict targets and deadlines. This person will need to be able to clearly monitor the workload of the team, prioritise tasks effectively and ensure efficient and high quality administration processes are followed. This role and team are key to ensure that the young people who engage with NCS have a smooth application process and turn up on the programme.
- Line management the London Administration Team
- Oversight of national Administration team
- Closely monitor targets at both an individual and team level to maximise performance.
- Work with technical and non-technical colleagues to identify and implement process efficiencies
- Ensure KPIs relating to the tasks carried out by the team are met (to include event booking, processing expressions of interest, data entry and checking).
- Understand the key strengths of each of your team to ensure everybody is operating at their full potential. .
- Work closely with the Account Manager (who is responsible for our school relationships and event booking) and the Field Sales Manager (who is responsible for the events delivered in schools) to ensure the smooth running of school events and processing of applications.
- Ensure national processes and policy is understood and followed.
Skills and experience
- Line management experience specific to motivating a team to meet demanding targets
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and over the phone
- Ability to monitor quantitative and qualitative data to understand performance and set direction
- Confidence in understanding individual underperformance and ensuring this is corrected
- Highly organised, decisive and calm under pressure
- NCS experience
- Experience running an administration team
- Experience working with Salesforce or similar CRM system
The Challenge is committed to safeguarding and protecting the young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our programmes.
We expect all staff and post holders to share this commitment to safeguarding by ensuring compliance with our policies and practices.
Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK or have a valid visa or work permit for a minimum of 6 months at the time of application will be considered for this role.
In addition to being part of a fun, dynamic and challenging workforce, we are proud to offer an attractive benefits package including contributory pension, Simplyhealth cash plan, Ride 2 Work, childcare vouchers, season ticket travel card loan etc. to eligible employees.
- Status: This is a full-time, Permanent role
- Salary: £27,000 per annum