Delivery Programme Manager (NCS)
Start date: 1st Feb 2018
Contract length: Fixed contract until September 2018
The Challenge’s vision is a more integrated society where there is understanding and appreciation of each other’s differences. We design and deliver programmes that bring different people together to develop their confidence and skills in understanding and connecting with others. We believe everyone benefits when people from all walks of life come together to better know, understand and trust each other. This also applies to the people we employ to work with us. As an equal opportunities employer our aim is to have a diverse workforce to reflect the communities we work in.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, rapidly growing organisation, working with young people and local communities across the country.
About the role
Programme Managers (PMs) oversee the setup and delivery of our NCS programme across a local area and manage a team of Programme Associate Managers and Assistant Programme Managers. They provide management and coaching to build a strong team, support staff to deal with critical incidents and ensure a high quality and safe programme is delivered by overseeing and managing setup throughout the year.
- Set up a high quality, youth-focussed and locally grounded NCS programme.
- Provide inspirational and visible leadership to your team and across the wider zone.
- Recruit and manage a multi-skilled team of staff including managing and supporting their personal development and performance.
- Provide leadership in managing critical incidents and safeguarding concerns.
- Ensure the programme is set-up and managed safely including completion of risk assessments for relevant aspects of the programme.
- Ensure the effective planning of key logistics including venues, transport and food.
- Continually monitor and review the quality of the programme to ensure it is delivering positive outcomes for young people, seasonal staff and community partners.
- Ensure and monitor compliance with Challenge policies and procedures throughout your team with a particular focus on Health and Safety, Safeguarding and Finance.
- Participate in out of hours on call cover to provide pastoral support during delivery periods.
- Deputise for the Senior Programme Manager in his / her absence.
Skills and experience
- Social Action: A passion for, and understanding of, building better communities and commitment to the aims of NCS
- Project Management and Logistics: Experience coordinating large-scale events or projects; experience of applying health and safety in practice
- Youth-work: Experience working with groups of young people either paid or as a volunteer; confident in motivating and speaking to large groups of young people and staff; experience in managing safeguarding of young people
- People Skills: Ability to identify and develop strong relationships with partners; able to work collaboratively with people on projects across various departments, zone and locations; can communicate effectively and articulately with key stakeholders
- People Management: Experience in leading people and developing high-performing teams; experiencing of managing performance and coaching people; values diversity and difference in others
- Character: Strikingly positive attitude and integrity; self-motivated and drive to deliver results; demonstrates self-awareness and desire to develop; seeks to continuously improve self and others
- Resilience: Able to work in a fast paced and demanding environment; adaptable and responsive to changing to situations; flexible to meet the demands of the role
- Education: A strong academic record or relevant equivalent experience
The Challenge is committed to safeguarding and protecting the young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our programmes.
We expect all staff and post holders to share this commitment to safeguarding by ensuring compliance with our policies and practices.
Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK or have a valid visa or work permit for a minimum of 6 months at the time of application will be considered for this role.
In addition to being part of a fun, dynamic and challenging workforce, we are proud to offer an attractive benefits package including contributory pension, Simplyhealth cash plan, Ride 2 Work, childcare vouchers, season ticket travel card loan etc. to eligible employees.
The Challenge is a fulfilling but demanding place to work. Two-day weekend working will be required on a number of occasions during the year. Early mornings and late evenings will be required at different times throughout the year and you will be expected to take a majority of your leave outside of delivery periods.
- Status: This is a full-time, fixed term contract until September 2018.
- Salary: £30,000
- Interview process: Selection for this position will include an interview. Interviews will take place on Thursday 11th and Friday 12th January 2018.