Senior Partnerships Associate
Start date: January/ February, 2017
The Challenge’s vision is a more integrated society where there is understanding and appreciation of each other’s differences. We design and deliver programmes that bring different people together to develop their confidence and skills in understanding and connecting with others. We believe everyone benefits when people from all walks of life come together to better know, understand and trust each other. This also applies to the people we employ to work with us. As an equal opportunities employer our aim is to have a diverse workforce to reflect the communities we work in.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, rapidly growing organisation, working with young people and local communities across the country.
About the role
We are looking for a dynamic and highly motivated individual to join our staffing and resourcing team. You will play an important role in developing relationships with both local and national organisations that will assist in the attraction and selection of high-quality seasonal staff in your local region who will work on our summer NCS programmes in 2018. You will support the delivery of the recruitment strategy through all stages of the process: from initial attraction of applicants, to screening and assessing candidates, planning and placing seasonal staff, overseeing compliance checks and supporting staff with any questions and queries up to the point that they start the programme.
The Senior Partnerships Associate’s primary responsibilities will be:
- Attraction and Lead Generation – Sourcing and building new relationships with a wide range of local, regional and national partners across the public, private and third sectors with the aim of building a network that will generate candidates for both your region as a whole and our NCS programme across the UK.
- Networking – To attend networking events across the West Midlands
- Account Management – To act as an account manager for large national organisations, which will involve a high level of stakeholder management, both internal and external
- Research and Development – Finding new and innovative methods of recruitment and widening the current attraction network
- Teamwork – To assist staffing associates within your team to build relationships with their local partners as and when the need arises
- Selection and Matching – Using a Candidate Management System to screen applications, lead role specific group assessments and placing appropriately qualified staff to lead the NCS programme
- Candidate Relationship Management – Responsible for relationship management of a select pool of staff, ensuring all are adequately informed of key stages of the recruitment process and staff are supported and engaged prior to beginning their role. The role will focus on building strong relationships and commitment to the programme to maximise staff retention and encourage further networking
- Alumni Retention – To increase the retention of alumni returning to leadership roles through strong Candidate Relationship Management
- Creative Problem Solving – Approaching recruitment and staff allocation challenges with a positive solution-focussed attitude and working to tight deadlines independently
- Compliance – Responsible for ensuring that candidates are compliant with The Challenge’s safeguarding and safer recruitment policies i.e. supporting candidates to complete DBS checks and references.
We are looking for outstanding individuals with the following qualities:
Qualities and skills
- Previous experience of business partnership and networking, ideally both on a local and national level
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Someone who will thrive in a target-driven environment
- High-level oral and written communication skills to build internal and external relationships
- Strong professional communication skills adaptable to various stakeholders and audiences
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Ability to work both within a team and independently
- Interest in building stronger communities and contributing to positive social change
- Outstanding organisation skills and commitment to detail
- Positive, creative and flexible approach to problem-solving
- Ability to multitask and prioritise effectively during our busy delivery period and work to tight deadlines
- Independently building new relationships with external organisations, identifying mutually beneficial goals
- Managing ongoing relationships with partnerships, evaluating success and ensuring sustainability
- Using a candidate management system
- Working to independently achieve targets
- Using social media platforms, with a focus on LinkedIn
- Recruiting staff or volunteers
- Knowledge of the charity sector, and of local and national youth and community organisations
- Strength in public speaking and/or presenting to large audiences
- Experience working in CSR
The Challenge is committed to safeguarding and protecting the young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our programmes.
We expect all staff and post holders to share this commitment to safeguarding by ensuring compliance with our policies and practices.
Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK or have a valid visa or work permit for a minimum of 6 months at the time of application will be considered for this role.
In addition to being part of a fun, dynamic and challenging workforce, we are proud to offer an attractive benefits package including contributory pension, Simplyhealth cash plan, Ride 2 Work, childcare vouchers, season ticket travel card loan etc. to eligible employees.
- Status: This is a full-time, permanent role
- Salary: £23,000 per annum/competitive
- Interview process: Interviews will take place mid-January
- No Agencies