Staffing Projects Associate (Marketing & Communications)
Start date: 1 November 2016
The Challenge is a national charity that was founded in 2009. Our mission is to connect and inspire people to strengthen their communities. We bring together local people across all generations, ethnic groups and incomes to build a stronger society.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast moving, rapidly growing organisation, working with young people and local communities across the country.
About the role
The role sits centrally within the wider staffing department. This department is responsible for recruiting 4500 leaders, mentors, practitioners and other staff to work on the NCS with The Challenge spring, summer and autumn programmes.
The Staffing Projects Associate (Marketing & Communications) is responsible for delivering projects that support this recruitment process. This will involve extensive work within marketing and communications (social media, digital platforms and Salesforce), alumni development and retention events. There will be some weekend work involved in peak periods and there will be other ad hoc duties that come with responding and reacting to the demands of a complex and expansive programme.
The Staffing Projects Associate’s ( Marketing & Communications) primary responsibilities will include:
- Developing a strong social media presence for the project across multiple platforms
- Liaising with the central marketing team to design and supply materials for staff attraction
- Ensuring accuracy/clarity of copy in automated communications and supporting the Central Staffing Manager in ensuring their accurate workflow
- Developing strategies for engaging and retaining alumni staff
- Managing the enquires email inboxes/central phone line and responding to reference requests
We are looking for outstanding individuals with the following qualities:
- Experience of creating engaging social media content
- Experience of effectively utilising PPC campaigns
- Experience of composing high quality copy for mass consumption and creating campaigns using a database
- A marketing or communications related degree
- High-level oral communication skills to build internal and external relationships
- Experience of working in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Outstanding organisation skills and commitment to detail
- Positive, flexible approach to problem-solving
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to create workflows and campaigns within Salesforce
- Managing relationships with external organisations
- Graphic design or film-editing experience
In addition to being part of a fun, dynamic and challenging workforce, we are proud to offer an attractive benefits package including contributory pension, Simplyhealth cash plan, Ride 2 Work, childcare vouchers, season ticket travel card loan etc. to eligible employees.
Weekend work and occasional evening working will be required, particularly over the summer delivery period. Time off in lieu will be provided.
Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK or have a valid visa or work permit for a minimum of 6 months at the time of application will be considered for this role.