LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
Start date: November/December 2016
Salary: £27,000 per annum
Location: London (Waterloo)
About the role
The Challenge is the UK’s leading charity for building a more integrated society, a society in which there is understanding and appreciation of each other’s differences. We work on a local level to connect people from all walks of life in order to prevent our differences from dividing us. We believe in communities where people understand and trust each other, irrespective of background.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast moving, rapidly growing organisation, working with young people and local communities across the country.
This new role is an exciting opportunity to join our Learning and Development (L&D) team as we expand our training and development programmes across our organisation of over 800 employees. As a rapidly growing organisation with increasingly diverse learning needs, we are looking for an individual with experience facilitating and managing training programmes and events, with the commitment and desire to make a positive impact on employee development. We are looking for someone to assist us in expanding our current L&D portfolio that supports our growth and leads excellence across our workforce nationally.
The L&D Officer will report into the L&D Manager and directly manage a small team.
- Programme management: sourcing trainers, supporting content development, quality assuring session delivery and evaluating impact.
- Training design: supporting, from design to delivery, skill based sessions for employees.
- People management: leading, managing and motivating a small, dedicated team.
- Process development: improving and refining internal processes.
- Budget responsibility: managing the central budget to include providing accurate and timely forecasting throughout the year.
- Interdepartmental collaboration: working alongside the L&D Manager and senior stakeholders across the organisation to identify and support their department’s learning needs.
- A commitment to the mission and values of The Challenge and an understanding of how these relate to the functions of the L&D and HR Departments.
- Experience of working within a learning and development environment.
- Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to manage a busy workload and multiple priorities.
- Experience of managing and motivating individuals and teams.
- A positive, creative and flexible approach to problem solving.
- A natural and effective communicator (verbal and written), able to build credible relationships quickly and influence at all levels.
- A proactive attitude, strong attention to detail and an emphasis on high quality work.
- Desire for continuous improvement by seeking and sharing feedback.
In addition to being part of an ambitious, fast paced and enthusiastic workforce, we offer a benefits package including contributory pension, Simplyhealth cash plan, Ride 2 Work, childcare vouchers and season ticket travel card loan to eligible employees.