Start date: January
About the role
We are looking for organised, enthusiastic Team Leaders for Telesales in Manchester. This role will be split between assisting the Team Managers with the smooth, successful running of the department and also making calls to customers.
Your time will be spent assisting with the supervision of a team of calling agents as well as making calls yourself. The Telesales team make calls to warm leads in an attempt to sign young people up to our NCS programme.
You will work closely with other teams to deliver an efficient and high quality customer journey in a fast paced environment, with high volumes and targets to work towards.
- Motivating telesales agents to achieve KPIs and Targets
- Being a subject matter expert – this will mean you are adept at query handling, floor walking and assisting new starters. Full training on our programmes and NCS will be provided
- Assisting with and delivering training
- Completing agent related admin (holiday requests, system problems etc.)
- Working closely with managers to ensure agents are equipped and supported to hit their targets
- Supporting the use of our telephony and CRM system (Salesforce), troubleshooting issues and identifying solutions
- Enforcing behavioural standards
- Making calls to parents, guardians and specialists as much as demand allows
- Being a point of escalation for customer queries and potential complaints
We are looking for outstanding individuals with the following qualities:
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong time management whilst working to tight deadlines
- Competence with Excel
- Ability to work to quality and quantity targets, with the ability to prioritise
- Ability to organise workloads for yourself and others
- Attention to detail and strong organisational skills
- Ability to support and motivate colleagues
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience of working in customer facing environment, preferably in a contact centre or sales team
- Experience of supervising or managing people or teams
- Experience in monitoring and reporting performance against targets
- Enjoy talking to people, being helpful and doing all you can to agree solutions to challenges
- Being calm under pressure and remaining assertive
- Enthusiasm for, and commitment to, our mission and values with the ability to bring this to life when serving customers and working with colleague
The Challenge is a national charity that was founded in 2009. Our mission is to connect and inspire people to strengthen their communities. We bring together local people across all generations, ethnic groups and incomes to build a stronger society.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast moving, rapidly growing organisation, working with young people and local communities across the country.
In addition to being part of a fun, dynamic and challenging workforce, we are proud to offer an attractive benefits package including contributory pension, Simplyhealth cash plan, Ride 2 Work, childcare vouchers, season ticket travel card loan etc. to eligible employees.
- We are able to offer a number of temporary positions for 3 months
- Salary: £21K per annum pro rata
- Requires regular shift and weekend working (shifts may cover hours from 0900-2000 and weekends 1000-1800)
Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK or have a valid visa or work permit for a minimum of 6 months at the time of application will be considered for this role.