Start date: 01/03/2017
Contract: Fixed Term, Maternity Cover – April 2017 – February 2018
The Challenge is a national charity that was founded in 2009. Our mission is to connect and inspire people to strengthen their communities. We bring together local people across all generations, ethnic groups and incomes to build a stronger society.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast moving, rapidly growing organisation, working with young people and local communities across the country. For more information about what The Challenge does and its values, please visit our website https://the-challenge.org/
About the role:
The staffing department will recruit 4500 leaders, mentors, practitioners and other staff to work on the NCS with The Challenge programmes in 2017.
The Staffing Associate is responsible for the recruitment and selection of Leaders and Mentors in the London area to work with young people on the NCS with The Challenge programmes.
The Staffing Associate primary responsibilities will be:
- Attraction – lead generation building relationships with, and presenting to, a variety of sources of summer staff including universities, youth charities and public sector organisations in order to recruit temporary staff
- Selection and matching – using Candidate Management System to screen applications, leading group selection events and placing appropriately-qualified staff with teams of young people
- Communication – ensure seasonal staff are informed of all information regarding the dates and location for their role
- Customer Relationship Management – responsible for effective relationship management with all candidates, ensuring they are engaged throughout the recruitment process
- Compliance – responsible for ensuring that candidates are compliant with The Challenge’s safeguarding and safer recruitment policies i.e. supporting candidates to complete DBS checks and references
We are looking for outstanding individuals with the following qualities:
Qualities and skills
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Interest in building stronger communities and seeing change in society
- Outstanding organisation skills and commitment to detail
- Positive, flexible approach to problem-solving
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team to reach targets
- Ability to multitask and prioritise effectively during busy periods
- High-level oral and written communication skills to build internal and external relationships
- Recruiting staff or volunteers to work with young people
- Managing relationships with external organisations
- Working in partnership with youth or community organisations
- Public speaking and/or presenting to large audiences
- Experience using a candidate management systems
Weekend work and occasional evening working will be required, particularly over the summer delivery period. Time off in lieu will be provided.
In addition to being part of a fun, dynamic and challenging workforce, we are proud to offer an attractive benefits package including contributory pension, Simplyhealth cash plan, Ride 2 Work, childcare vouchers, season ticket travel card loan etc. to eligible employees.
Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK or have a valid visa or work permit for a minimum of 6 months at the time of application will be considered for this role.