Innovation Training Coordinator
Start date: 03 April 2017
Location: Waterloo, London, with occasional travel to our NCS The Challenge offices around the country
National Citizen Service (NCS) The Challenge is a national charity that was founded in 2009. Our mission is to design and deliver programmes that bring different people together, and to develop their confidence and skills in understanding and connecting with others.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast moving, rapidly growing organisation, working with young people and local communities across the country.
About the role
The Challenge is one of the largest providers of NCS, a government funded programme that in 2017 will see us work with over 5,000 seasonal staff and 37,000 young people. NCS is a 3-part programme for 15 to 17 year olds that allows young people to develop confidence, meet new people, work together and learn new skills in order to deliver positive social action in their communities. This is done with the help of dedicated staff joining the organisation for our summer programme that will all need to receive grouped training sessions delivered by this role.
This role sits in the Innovation Team and will report to the Innovation Training Manager. The Innovation Team works as a business improvement unit for the organisation that both provides problem-solving tools and creates bespoke processes and systems for the other departments to use.
You will work closely with staff within our organisation and provide training of various form to them, which can include one-to-one support, face-to-face presentations and small group Q&A discussions. NCS delivery for the summer programmes requires staff to be trained on several processes over a short period of time. The challenges in that, are both to be able to effectively train the large number of staff and to provide support afterwards as efficiently as possible.
This role requires you to be engaging in your delivery and have a good grasp of processes and concepts in order to deliver different types of content. These may contain a lot of technical processes that will be explained to you by subject matter experts within the Innovation Team.
- To deliver face to face training sessions to staff members on technical and non-technical concepts
- Create presentations and written documentation
- Offering email and telephone support to members of staff, post-training
- To provide subject specialist information, advice and support to learners as part of teaching duties
- Complete any administrative duties associated with this role, in a timely fashion
Skills and experience
- Experience in delivering training sessions and presentations to a large audience
- Ability to assess how a session is being received and adjust delivery style accordingly
- Knowledge of Salesforce or CRM software
- Ability to translate technical detail as relayed by subject matter experts into high quality training material
- High attention to detail and a meticulous approach to managing time effectively
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Experience in leading group discussions and workshops
- Experience of working with public or social sector organisations
- Commitment to ethical business conduct and working within a diverse environment
In addition to being part of a fun, dynamic and challenging workforce, we are proud to offer an attractive benefits package including contributory pension, Simplyhealth cash plan, Ride 2 Work, childcare vouchers, season ticket travel card loan etc. to eligible employees.
- Status: This is a fixed term role until 31 August 2017
- Salary: £22, 000 per annum pro-rata
- To apply: Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter to email@example.com and vacancy closes by 21 March 2017
- Interview process: A single interview – commencing 22 March 2017
Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK or have a valid visa or work permit for a minimum of 6 months at the time of application will be considered for this role.