NCS Sales Administrator
Start date: Immediate
Role: Full time, fixed term contract for 7 months.
This is a unique opportunity to join The Challenge.
The Challenge is the UK’s leading charity for building a more integrated society. We work on a local level to bring together people from all ages, ethnicities and walks of life, connecting communities and building trust.
For more information about what The Challenge does and its values, please visit our website www.the-challenge.org.
The Challenge is looking for Sales Administrators to join a leading youth and integration charity. You will be involved in a fast-paced Sales Team supporting the recruitment of young people on to the National Citizen Service (NCS). NCS is a government backed programme that helps young people (age 15-17) build skills for work, life and transition into adulthood. The role is a short term, paid position within one of the fastest growing charities in the UK.
- Administrative duties to support sales and sign up processes including data checking, data entry and external communications
- Build and foster relationships with a wide range of audiences particularly through telecommunications
- Make outbound calls to young people and their parents or guardians to support recruitment and retention of participants
- Processing and checking initial applications
- Assisting the sales team with photocopying and printing various documents, sometimes on behalf of other colleagues.
- Work towards targets, supporting the sales team in the conversion of applicants from initial interest to complete sign up
Looking for candidates with:
- Exemplary telephone manner with excellent speaking and listening skills
- Experience in using computer applications such as Microsoft Office and email
- Experience of working in an administrative position
- Ability to communicate and engage with young people aged 15-17 and their parents/guardians
- Attention to detail
- A strong work ethic, excellent time management skills and motivated to work towards targets
- Able to work collaboratively within a team
- Interest and enthusiasm in the youth sector
- Telesales experience
- CRM experience, ideally Salesforce
- A dynamic and challenging place of work
- Training opportunities
- Opportunities for exceptional candidates to move in to a permanent role
- Guaranteed interview for an NCS seasonal role
This is a full-time position with a salary of £17,500 (London), £16,500 (Reading and Surrey) or £16,000 (West Midlands and the North) per annum. You will be required to work 35 hours a week adapted to fit departmental needs e.g. 9-5, 10-6, 11- 7. Early mornings and late evenings are required at different times of the year.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to:
Deadline for application:
Wednesday 15th March 2017
Interviews taking place between Monday 20th March 2017 and Friday 31st March 2017.
Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK or have a valid visa or work permit for a minimum of 6 months at the time of application will be considered for this role.