NCS Engagement Coordinator
Start date: May 2017
Location: Epsom, Surrey
The Challenge is a national charity that was founded in 2009. Our mission is to connect and inspire people to strengthen their communities. We bring together local people across all generations, ethnic groups and incomes to build a stronger society.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast moving, rapidly growing organisation, working with young people and local communities across the country.
The Challenge is looking for Engagement Coordinators to join a leading youth and integration charity. You will be involved in a fast-paced Sales Team recruiting young people on to the National Citizen Service (NCS). NCS is a government backed programme that helps young people (age 15-17) build skills for work, life and transition into adulthood. The role is a permanent, paid position which gives you all the tools you need to build a career in the UK not for profit sector.
The NCS Engagement Coordinator’s primary responsibilities will be:
- Directly reach out to target schools to get involved in year round NCS programmes
- To support school engagement for year round NCS programmes through calls and meetings
- To support recruitment and engagement of our young participants for upcoming programmes, primarily through schools, further education colleges and community groups and implement these throughout the year
- Build and foster long standing relationships with a wide range of audiences, including young people, teachers and parents
- Exciting and persuading young people to sign up to NCS through presentations in assemblies, PSHE classes and follow up phone calls
- Assist young people and their parents through the sign up process from initial expression of interest to turning up for the programme, primarily through phone calls
- Retention of young people through presentations at information evenings and phone calls prior to each programme
- Working as part of a team towards individual and team targets
- Responsible for lead generation and conversion – increasing the number of people signing up to NCS
- Proactively identify new opportunities to recruit new schools and new groups of young people
- Administrative duties to support sales and sign up processes
Looking for candidates with:
- Ability to communicate and engage with young people aged 15-17 and their parents/guardians in both group and individual settings
- Ability to adapt presentation style to a varied audience
- A strong work ethic, excellent time management skills and motivated to work towards targets
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workloads and work as part of a team or individually as required
- Experience in using computer applications such as Microsoft Office and email
- Experience of working in a people facing role and establishing relationships
- Interest and enthusiasm in the youth and not for profit sector
- Good knowledge of local area
- Sales experience
- Public speaking experience
- Experience working with 15-17 year olds and/or within the education sector
- Full driving license (in the North West, West Midlands and Surrey)
- A dynamic and challenging place of work
- A personal learning and development plan
- Internal and external training opportunities
- Contributory pension and Simply health cash plan
- Ride 2 Work, childcare vouchers, season ticket travel card loan etc.
- Progression opportunities for exceptional candidates
Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK or have a valid visa or work permit for a minimum of 6 months at the time of application will be considered for this role.