HeadStart Delivery Assistant Programme Manager
Start date: 1st May 2017
Salary: £20,000 Pro Rate
Role; Fixed Term
Application deadline; 25th April
Interview date; 3rd May
The Challenge is a national charity that was founded in 2009. Our mission is to connect and inspire people to strengthen their communities. We bring together local people across all generations, ethnic groups and incomes to build a stronger society.
About the programme
HeadStart is a bold initiative which seeks to address the challenges of social segregation and youth employability. Delivered by The Challenge, HeadStart offers diverse groups of 16-18 year-olds the opportunity to develop their employability skills through volunteering and professional workshops, and then rewards their social action with interviews for paid work with partner businesses including Starbucks, and New Look.
About the role
The Assistant Programme Manager responsibilities will include some of the following:
- Building and developing local and regional partnerships, and ensuring a high quality programme is delivered.
- Managing and motivating young people to engage with HeadStart, volunteering and skills building workshops.
- Developing and managing support structures for young people in finding their own volunteering opportunities.
- Supporting the young person’s journey post volunteering through the interview process and post HeadStart care.
HeadStart Assistant Programme Manager’s primary responsibilities will include some of the following:
- Developing and managing local relationships with community and business partners to ensure the projects run smoothly.
- Setting up community projects and delivering a high quality programme: Work with local community organisations to enable volunteer placements where young people can make a difference. Oversee and carry out logistics required for an intensive and high performing programme.
- Leading on workshop delivery and facilitation: Deliver high quality training during workshops and kick offs with young people. Facilitate discussion and openness in large and small settings.
- Leading on interview and assessment facilitation; Liaise with our corporate employers to setup and facilitate interview days and evaluate success.
- Monitoring and Evaluation: Support on the collection and analysis of monitoring data for your area. Regularly evaluate quality of programme and use key learning to form recommendations for the future direction of the programme.
We are looking for outstanding individuals with the following qualities:
- Youth-work Leadership: Experience of working directly with groups of young people in a local community setting, motivating them to step out of their comfort zones into challenging situations that stretch and develop them.
- Project Management: Experience managing events or projects
- Creative Community Engagement: Experience of working with diverse community groups. Interest in building stronger community and seeing change in society.
- People skills: Ability to quickly build rapport and form good relationships with young people and external partners; able to work collaboratively with people on projects across various departments, zones and locations
- Character: Strikingly positive attitude, learns from their mistakes and always commits to performing at their best. Passion for building stronger communities and seeing change in society
- Understanding Data: Good working knowledge of CRM platforms and excel. Ability to follow and understand targets.
- Willingness to work weekends and weekday evenings as required.
- Experience of working in a fast paced and demanding environment
In addition to being part of a fun, dynamic and challenging workforce, we are proud to offer an attractive benefits package including contributory pension, Simplyhealth cash plan, Ride 2 Work, childcare vouchers, season ticket travel card loan etc. to eligible employees.
- This is a fixed term role
- Salary: £20,000 pro rata
- Internal applicants please send your CV and internal applicants form
- Application deadline will be Monday 24th April Midnight
- Interviews will take place on the 3rd May
Please note: The Challenge is a fulfilling but demanding place to work. Weekend and evening working will be required on a number of occasions during the year. Unfortunately we are unable to contact all applications.
Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK or have a valid visa or work permit for a minimum of 6 months at the time of application will be considered for this role.