Infrastructure Technician Tutor/Programme Facilitator
An opportunity to join the IT training team as a Tutor and Programme Facilitator, as part of a fast-paced Apprenticeship programme for the level 3 Infrastructure Technician
The Challenge is a leading UK youth charity and the largest provider of National Citizen Service. Established in 2009, we have 400 full-time and 2500 part-time staff. Last year 19,000 socially-mixed young people participated in our NCS programmes; 58,000 will be involved by 2018. We have two other programmes: Head Start and Step Forward.
Step Forward is an innovative apprenticeship programme for 18 year olds, designed and run by The Challenge. From thousands of applicants, we carefully select hundreds of the most able and eager. We prepare them for professional work, and provide fortnightly day-release and 6 block weekly training over the next 12 months. Once in role, we provide the young people with training relevant to their field, ongoing mentoring and support. This is complemented by hands-on, year-round support to the employer.
We are looking for an ambitious team to help scale up our programme year-on-year, until we are able to deliver at a national scale.
You will be responsible for the coaching and development of apprentices through the Trailblazer Apprenticeship Infrastructure Technician Programme. You will work alongside the employer to develop the plan for how and when the on-programme and end-point assessments will be delivered, and assess the apprentices’ progress towards these skill developments. The main aims are to work closely with the IT Training Manager and establish effective ways of learning to improve learner satisfaction and success rate.
You will adapt different ways of working and be able to establish individual learning needs and introduce new ways of working. You should identify best practices and bring individualism and personality to a standardised course.
Key Responsibilities & Objectives Tutor:
- Achieving 100% pass rate on the knowledge modules
- Establish positive working relationships with clients
- Coach apprentices in business skills by guiding, supporting, providing accountability and encouragement
- To facilitate the enhancement of work performance, self-directed learning and personal development
- Challenge and develop apprentice’s skills and abilities to enable them to achieve the best performance results
- Tracking and reporting progress of planned learning to achieve end-point assessment
- Be quick to problem solve and produce solutions to any learning or development barriers to our apprentices
- Providing observational and specific feedback, encouraging the apprentice to self-assess their performance and readiness for achievement
- Recording and reporting on activity to management in a timely and professional manner
- Communicating with the Apprenticeship team on candidates for concern
- Briefing the candidate about the responsibilities, and behavioural practices
- Actively developing new initiatives and training methodologies to impact candidates learning
- Ensuring that Step Forward Training is perceived within the market as a high quality provider of Apprenticeships solutions to both candidates and clients alike
- Ensure best practices and be aware of Health and Safety, Safe Guarding and Equal Opportunities and related Acts
Key Responsibilities & Objectives Programme Facilitator:
- Visiting candidates in the workplace, coaching and assessing them against selected standard to successful outcome against set targets
- Prepare, agree and review assessment plans with each candidate. Create candidate portfolios including selecting agreed framework paths.
- Physically visit candidates at least 6 times within 12-month apprenticeship period to provide support, liaise with employers on apprentices ‘progress, undertake assessments and provide feedback on performance. Contact candidates on a weekly basis to discuss programme progress. Use other mediums of contact, i.e. Skype, email, telephone etc. to maintain regular communication
- Efficient and effective operation of the assessment process in line with the Step Forward Training’s apprenticeship quality systems and the requirements of the awarding body.
- Prepare, agree and review Learner Records every 12 weeks ensuring all party involvement.
- Manage and maintain learner folders in line with audit requirements.
- Assist with development of provision where necessary to ensure programme is updated constantly.
- Coordinate training schedule in line with Step Forward policy
- Internal verification of Step Forward apprentices.
- Highly motivated, persuasive, persistent and patient
- Be professional, have a mature personality and be able to gain people’s confidence and put them at ease
- Proven track record in the in developing learner progression through a series of learning stages
- Team player – willing to contribute to the business unit and not solely focused on their own personal goals
- This role is heavily focussed on training and development and assessments have the ability to provide effective feedback
- Excellent communicator
- Have good administrative skills, be flexible, adaptable and be able to cope under pressure
- PGCE/ DTTLS
- Track record of Good to Outstanding teaching experience
- Relevant Industry Experience
Minimum technical knowledge experience:
- Networking & Architecture
- Coding & Logic
- Business Processes
- Ability to develop knowledge to teach:
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
Salary: £30,000 p/a
Further details for each of the above roles
- These are full-time roles, based in London, starting on 01/07/17.
- We also offer a stakeholder pension, a Cycle to Work scheme and opportunities for flexible working.