Associate Manager – Customer Services
|Start date: as soon as possible
Salary: £27,000 (South), £25,000 (North)
Contract: permanent, full time
|Shifts: 35 hours Monday to Friday with some weekend work during peak times
Location: London or Manchester
Our vision is a more integrated society where there is understanding and appreciation of each other’s differences. As an equal opportunities employer, our aim is to have a diverse workforce to reflect the communities we work in. We are also the largest provider of the National Citizen Service (NCS). We are proud to offer an attractive benefits package to eligible employees, e.g. contributory pension, an additional day off for volunteering, Simplyhealth cash plan, Ride 2 Work, childcare vouchers, season ticket travel card loan, etc.
About the role
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our fast paced Customer Services department. The successful candidate will work with a focus on customer experience and an expectation to meet both quantity and quality targets.
Our teams deal with all our NCS programme enquiries and guide parents and young people through the customer journey from sign up to graduation. We operate across two sites in London and Manchester, and serve customers across the country. We also manage high volumes of both inbound and outbound communications.
You will be responsible in ensuring that all teams within Customer Services work in a cohesive and positive manner as well as ensuring consistency within the teams. your responsibilities include:
- Managing department morale across both locations
- Completing quality monitoring for consistency throughout the department
- Handling formal complaints
- Coordinating ad hoc projects for CS teams
- Organising internal and external weekly communications
- Managing the travel budget and being a rep for the department
- Ensuring CS budget codes are updated and on target spend is achieved
- Coordinating the CS L&D activities, including sourcing training and events
- Owning the CS training guide and coordinating department meetings
- Supporting CS managers with recruitment
What we need from you
- Customer centred thinking (ideally young people and parent/guardian audiences)
- Experience of recruiting, supporting and motivating people
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Experience and understanding of customer service team needs
- Experience of operational management
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Resilience with the ability to stay assertive when dealing with challenging situations
- Enjoying talking to people, being helpful and doing all you can to agree solutions to challenges
- Enthusiasm for, and commitment to, our mission and values
- Experience of systems and technology including Salesforce (Desirable)
- Project management (Desirable)
Please send your CV and a one-page cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com by 18/04/2019, adding ‘CS Associate Manager’ in the subject of your email (No agencies).
- The Challenge is committed to safeguarding and protecting the young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our programmes. We expect all staff and post holders to share this commitment to safeguarding by ensuring compliance with our policies and practices.
- The Challenge Network (The Challenge) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our privacy notice can be found here:
https://the-challenge.org/careers. This describes how we collect and use personal information about you prior to, during and after your working relationship with us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or any subsequent data protection legislation in force from time-to-time.
- Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK or have a valid visa or work permit for a minimum of 6 months at the time of application will be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
We receive a multitude of applications. If you have not heard from us within two weeks of your application, please assume that on this occasion you have not been successful.