Calling team agent – Customer Services
|Start date: April 2019
Location: Waterloo, London
Contract: until September
|Shifts: Starting between 9 am to 12 pm, finishing between 5pm and 8pm, Monday to Sunday, 35 hours per week (standard shifts are currently between (9am – 6pm).|
Our vision is a more integrated society where there is understanding and appreciation of each other’s differences. As an equal opportunities employer, our aim is to have a diverse workforce to reflect the communities we work in. We are also the largest provider of the National Citizen Service (NCS). We are proud to offer an attractive benefits package to eligible employees, e.g. contributory pension,an additional day off for volunteering, Simplyhealth cash plan, Ride 2 Work, childcare vouchers, season ticket travel card loan, etc.
About the role
We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic individual to join our Calling team, in the Customer Services department. Our team handle inbound calls, sms and emails from young people, parents, guardians, and other professionals, to complete their applications, and support them with general queries before and during the NCS programme. The successful candidate will report to the Customer Service Calling team leader and will work in a fast paced environment, with a focus on customer experience and an expectation to meet both quantity and quality targets.
Skills and experience
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Exceptional communication skills, especially on the phone
- Strong self motivation
- Ability to achieve and exceed stretching targets on a consistent basis
- Attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving and resolution skill
- Objection handling skills
- Ability to work in a team, and manage independent workload
- Experience of working in customer facing environment, preferably in a contact centre
Please send your CV and a one-page cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org, adding ‘Calling team agent’ in the subject of your email. (No agencies).
- The Challenge is committed to safeguarding and protecting the young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our programmes. We expect all staff and post holders to share this commitment to safeguarding by ensuring compliance with our policies and practices.
- The Challenge is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our privacy notice can be found here: https://the-challenge.org/careers. This describes how we collect and use personal information about you prior to, during and after your working relationship with us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or any subsequent data protection legislation in force from time-to-time.
- Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK or have a valid visa or work permit for a minimum of 6 months at the time of application will be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
We receive a multitude of applications. If you have not heard from us within two weeks of your application, please assume that on this occasion you have not been successful.