Complaints case handler – Customer Services
|Start date: May 2019
Salary: £22,000 pro rata
|Contract: 4 to 6 months
May require some shift and weekend working
Our vision is a more integrated society where there is understanding and appreciation of each other’s differences. As an equal opportunities employer, our aim is to have a diverse workforce to reflect the communities we work in. We are also the largest provider of the National Citizen Service (NCS). We are proud to offer an attractive benefits package to eligible employees, e.g. contributory pension, an additional day off for volunteering, Simplyhealth cash plan, Ride 2 Work, childcare vouchers, season ticket travel card loan, etc.
About the role
We are looking for a motivated and highly-organised individual to join our efficient team, in the Customer Services department. You will support our NCS programme and be the first point of contact for all complaint-related tasks. Treating complaints as opportunities to improve processes, you will implement our policy by logging, investigating and resolving complaints fairly and in a timely manner. Managing circa 10 complaints simultaneously, you will also document all actions and ensure customers are kept informed along the way.
The successful candidate will report to the senior customer services manager and will work in a fast paced and dynamic environment, with a focus on customer experience, and an expectation to meet both quantity and quality targets.
Skills, experience or behaviours
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (phone and email)
- Assertiveness to communicate between senior stakeholders and departments
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise: logical thinking and attention to detail
- Experience of and genuine desire to solve issues for the customers
- Being calm under pressure
- Enthusiasm for, and commitment to our mission and values
- Use of Salesforce CRM (desirable)
- Experience of data protection regulations (desirable)
Please send your CV and a one-page cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org, adding ‘complaints case handler’ in the subject of your email. We will respond with an exciting case study that will be considered for shortlisting. Please send your applications in no later than midday Friday 19th April (No agencies).
- The Challenge is committed to safeguarding and protecting the young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our programmes. We expect all staff and post holders to share this commitment to safeguarding by ensuring compliance with our policies and practices.
- The Challenge Network (The Challenge) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our privacy notice can be found here:
https://the-challenge.org/careers. This describes how we collect and use personal information about you prior to, during and after your working relationship with us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or any subsequent data protection legislation in force from time-to-time.
- Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK or have a valid visa or work permit for a minimum of 6 months at the time of application will be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
We receive a multitude of applications. If you have not heard from us within two weeks of your application, please assume that on this occasion you have not been successful.