Compliance Admin Team Leader
Start date: March 2019
The Challenge’s vision is a more integrated society where there is understanding and appreciation of each other’s differences. We design and deliver programmes that bring different people together to develop their confidence and skills in understanding and connecting with others. We believe everyone benefits when people from all walks of life come together to better know, understand and trust each other. This also applies to the people we employ to work with us. As an equal opportunities employer our aim is to have a diverse workforce to reflect the communities we work in.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, rapidly growing organisation, working with young people and local communities across the country. For more information about what The Challenge does and what its values are, please visit our website.
About the role
We are looking for organised, enthusiastic Team Leader for the Compliance Team in Manchester. This role will be focused on the successful implementation of a fixed term team who will be carrying out the administrative processes for the wider national recruitment team.
Your time will be spent assisting with the supervision of a team of Recruitment Administrative staff as well as making calls and receiving calls yourself. The Compliance Team make calls and handle emails to businesses and referees that seasonal staff members have identified as their chosen reference to ensure our seasonal staff are eligible to work on our NCS programme. Successful candidates will work in a fast paced and developing environment with a focus on customer experience and outcome and an expectation to meet stretching productivity and quality targets across two strands of work: reference processing and checking. You will be able to drive these targets and keep the team focused and motivated to reach these before the programme start date. This is an essential quality for the role .
You will work closely with the Recruitment team to deliver an efficient and high quality candidate journey in a fast paced environment, with high volumes and targets to work towards.
- Motivating individuals to achieve KPIs and Targets
- Being a subject matter expert – this will mean you are adept at query handling, floor walking and assisting new starters. Full training on our programmes and NCS will be provided
- Assisting with and delivering training
- Completing team related admin (holiday requests, system problems, on boarding etc.)
- Working closely with managers to ensure the team are equipped and supported to hit their targets
- Monitoring and reporting on KPIs, performance and behaviour
- Supporting the use of our telephony and CRM system (Salesforce), troubleshooting issues and identifying solutions
- Enforcing behavioural standards
- Making calls to seasonal staff, referees and colleagues as much as demand allows
- Being a point of escalation for customer queries and potential complaints
- Escalating and reporting into the National Staffing Team to ensure optimal collaborative working
Skills and experience
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong time management whilst working to tight deadlines
- Competence with Excel
- Ability to work to quality and quantity targets, with the ability to prioritise
- Ability to organise workloads for yourself and others
- Attention to detail and strong organisational skills
- Ability to support and motivate colleagues
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to motivate and drive a team
- Recruitment understanding and experience
- Experience of supervising or managing people or teams
- Experience of working in customer facing environment, preferably in a contact centre or sales team
- Experience in monitoring and reporting performance against targets
- Experience of recruitment processes
- An understanding of compliance in a recruitment environment
- Experience of using Salesforce or similar CRM system
- Experience of checking references.
The Challenge is committed to safeguarding and protecting the young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our programmes.
We expect all staff and post holders to share this commitment to safeguarding by ensuring compliance with our policies and practices.
Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK or have a valid visa or work permit for a minimum of 6 months at the time of application will be considered for this role.
In addition to being part of a fun, dynamic and challenging workforce, we are proud to offer an attractive benefits package including contributory pension, Simplyhealth cash plan, Ride 2 Work, childcare vouchers, season ticket travel card loan etc. to eligible employees.
- This is a 4 month fixed term contract
- Salary: £21K per annum pro rata
- Hours are normally 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday
- Interviews will be held on the 16th January 2019
- Closing Date: 10th January 2019
Please apply by emailing a cover letter addressing your suitability for this role and your CV to email@example.com. Successful candidates will be invited to an interview to assess suitability.
The Challenge Network (The Challenge) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our privacy notice can be found here: https://the-challenge.org/careers
This privacy notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you prior to, during and after your working relationship with us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or any subsequent data protection legislation in force from time-to-time.
If you do not hear from us in regards to your application you may not have been successful on this occasion.