Start date: March 2019
The Challenge’s vision is a more integrated society where there is understanding and appreciation of each other’s differences. We design and deliver programmes that bring different people together to develop their confidence and skills in understanding and connecting with others. We believe everyone benefits when people from all walks of life come together to better know, understand and trust each other. This also applies to the people we employ to work with us.
As an equal opportunities employer our aim is to have a diverse workforce to reflect the communities we work in. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, rapidly growing organisation, working with young people and local communities across the country.
About the role
We are looking for tenacious, organised, enthusiastic candidates for our Compliance Team in Manchester.
The Compliance Team make calls and handle emails to businesses and referees that seasonal staff members have identified as their chosen reference to ensure our seasonal staff are eligible to work on our NCS programme. Successful candidates will work in a fast paced and developing environment with a focus on customer experience and outcome, and an expectation to meet stretching productivity and quality targets across two strands of work: Reference processing and checking. You must be a self-motivated individual that is willing to turn over a large volume of work to meet targets in line with our summer programme start date.
You will work closely with the Recruitment team to deliver an efficient and high quality candidate journey in a fast paced environment, with high volumes and targets to work towards.
- Making/receiving calls to/from identified referees and seasonal staff members using excellent phone technique and persuasion skills to complete their references/ provide their referees.
- Processing references provided for seasonal staff and following these up when they are not acceptable.
- Answering reference specific queries
- Customer service techniques to obtain the information required
- Provide high levels of customer service via telephone, email and SMS.
- Accurate reporting of data and calls
- Using IT systems including Salesforce CRM to record and process customer information Skills and experience
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong self motivation
- Ability to achieve and exceed stretching targets on a consistent basis
- Attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Objection handling skills
- Ability to work in a team, and manage independent workload
- Problem solving and resolution skill
- Ability to organise self and have exceptional time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Experience of recruitment processes and procedures
- Experience of working in customer facing environment, preferably in a contact centre
- Experience of using Google Sheets
- An understanding of compliance in a recruitment environment
- Experience of using Salesforce or similar CRM system
- Experience of checking references
The Challenge is committed to safeguarding and protecting the young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our programmes.
We expect all staff and post holders to share this commitment to safeguarding by ensuring compliance with our policies and practices.
Employment Screening Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK or have a valid visa or work permit for a minimum of 6 months at the time of application will be considered for this role.
In addition to being part of a fun, dynamic and challenging workforce, we are proud to offer an attractive benefits package including contributory pension, Simplyhealth cash plan, Ride 2 Work, childcare vouchers, season ticket travel card loan etc. to eligible employees.
- There are a number of positions available within the Compliance Team.
- This is a 3 month fixed term contract
- Salary: £18,000 per annum pro rata depending on experience
- Working hours will be Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm.
- Interviews will be held on 17th January 2019
- Closing date: 10th January 2019
Please apply by emailing a CV and covering letter addressing your suitability for this role to email@example.com.
If you do not hear from us in regards to your application you may not have been successful on this occasion.
The Challenge Network (The Challenge) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our privacy notice can be found here: https://the-challenge.org/careers
This privacy notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you prior to, during and after your working relationship with us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or any subsequent data protection legislation in force from time-to-time.