E-Learning (LMS) and Training Content Designer
Start date: December 2018-April 2019
Location: Waterloo, London
The Challenge’s vision is a more integrated society where there is understanding and appreciation of each other’s differences. We design and deliver programmes that bring different people together to develop their confidence and skills in understanding and connecting with others. We believe everyone benefits when people from all walks of life come together to better know, understand and trust each other. This also applies to the people we employ to work with us. As an equal opportunities employer our aim is to have a diverse workforce to reflect the communities we work in.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, rapidly growing organisation, working with young people and local communities across the country. For more information about what The Challenge does and what its values are, please visit our website http://the-challenge.org/
About the role
The Challenge train over 4500 + seasonal staff each year to work on the National Citizen Service (NCS) Programme. This role will sit within the wider NCS Curriculum and Training team to develop our e-learning offer as well as support content design for our face-to-face training events.
You will predominantly be focused on creating a new online training content for our seasonal staff who work with us over summer delivery of NCS. You will be working with various internal stakeholders and creating modules using a range of online tools and programs. You will also support the design and editing of content for our face-to-face training events, including creation of training manuals, resources and slides. You will need to work across different departments in the organisation to ensure the training covers all the required compliance and information needs and is finished to a professional standard. You will work alongside both the Training and Curriculum teams to ensure information is consistent and provide support where needed.
This role will report into the Senior Curriculum and Training Manager and is fixed term until end of April 2019
Online training design and creation
- Create high quality interactive content with input from multiple stakeholders
- Design a variety of training materials such as interactive modules, guidance, quizzes and videos
- Using content authoring software, graphics, video and other multimedia formats
- Work alongside subject matter experts to create content that is fit for purpose
- Operate as a “super user” of the Learning Management System (LMS) to format, edit and upload all content onto the platform
Face-to-face training content
- Support content creation for face-to-face training events
- Create resources and slides for training events
- Ensure all training resources and materials are of high quality and finished to a professional standard
- Support with editing and printing of training and curriculum materials, resources and presentations
Skills and experience
- Managing courses and creating content on an LMS platform eg. CrossKnowledge, and content authoring software eg Mohive
- Experience of graphics and video editing
- Experience of assessing learning needs and designing e-learning courses to address them, to include both technical and behavioural skills
- Training content design – Significant experience writing and designing training content
- Project management – Able to manage complex projects with many stakeholders and competing priorities
- Proactive and flexible – Able to step in and support where needed
- Self-starter- Able to manage work independently and manage own time
- Team Player – Able to work collaboratively with people on projects across various departments and locations
- Creative and Detailed – Excellent attention to detail and demonstrable experience in creating training and resources to be delivered at scale and by multiple trainers.
- Experience of the NCS programme with The Challenge or another provider
- Experienced facilitator in delivering training events to adults and/or young people
The Challenge is committed to safeguarding and protecting the young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our programmes.
We expect all staff and post holders to share this commitment to safeguarding by ensuring compliance with our policies and practices.
Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK or have a valid visa or work permit for a minimum of 6 months at the time of application will be considered for this role.
In addition to being part of a fun, dynamic and challenging workforce, we are proud to offer an attractive benefits package including contributory pension, Simplyhealth cash plan, Ride 2 Work, childcare vouchers, season ticket travel card loan etc. to eligible employees.
- Status: This is a full-time, fixed term role
- Salary: £30,000 per annum pro-rata depending on experience
- To apply: Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter to email@example.com vacancy closes by midday 3rd December 2018
- Interview process: Interviews will take place early December with a start date as early as possible
The Challenge Network (The Challenge) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our privacy notice can be found here: https://the-challenge.org/careers
This privacy notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you prior to, during and after your working relationship with us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or any subsequent data protection legislation in force from time-to-time.