Field Sales Manager
Start date: November 2018
Status: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000 per annum depending on experience
This role is ideal for a candidate that has a passion for performance management through people, in a fast paced sales environment.
The Challenge’s vision is a more integrated society where there is understanding and appreciation of each other’s differences. We design and deliver programmes that bring different people together to develop their confidence and skills in understanding and connecting with others. We believe everyone benefits when people from all walks of life come together to better know, understand and trust each other. This also applies to the people we employ to work with us. As an equal opportunities employer our aim is to have a diverse workforce to reflect the communities we work in.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, rapidly growing organisation, working with young people and local communities across the country.
About the role
Reporting into the Senior Sales Manager, the Field Sales Manager runs our NCS Sales Team. In this role you will manage up to 10 Sales Associates who go out to schools and the community to ensure young people take the opportunity to take part in NCS. We need motivational people managers with a passion for driving performance to meet ambitious targets, developing the skills of those they manage in order to provide excellent opportunities for young people.
- Manage the Field Sales Team (10-15 people) to go out and deliver high quality presentations, follow up events and PHSE lessons in schools.
- Drive performance and monitor targets at both an individual and team level to ensure everybody is operating at their full potential.
- Ensure targets relating to expressions of interests collected, conversion and turn up are met.
- Understand the sales tactics and the key strengths of each of your team to ensure we use every interaction with young people and parents to full potential.
- Work closely with the Account Manager (who is responsible for our school relationships and event booking) and the Administration Team to ensure the smooth running of school events and processing of applications.
- Review zonal targets as part of national strategy.
- Form part of national Sales Leadership Team ensuring best practice and challenges are shared nationally.
- Ensure national strategy is rolled out across the locality you are responsible for.
Skills and experience
- Line management experience specific to motivating a team to meet demanding targets
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and over the phone
- Ability to monitor quantitative and qualitative data to understand performance and set direction
- Confidence in understanding individual underperformance and ensuring this is corrected
- Motivation to be the best in class for Sales Performance
- Ability to access the demographic of your patch and ensure their objections are overcome by the team
- Highly organised, decisive and calm under pressure
- NCS experience
- Experience leading a Sales Team
The Challenge is committed to safeguarding and protecting the young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our programmes.
We expect all staff and post holders to share this commitment to safeguarding by ensuring compliance with our policies and practices.
Why should you apply?
In addition to being part of a fun, dynamic and challenging workforce, we are proud to offer an attractive benefits package including contributory pension, Simplyhealth cash plan, Ride 2 Work, childcare vouchers, season ticket travel card loan etc. to eligible employees.
- To apply: Please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com ; vacancy closes 15th November
- Interview process: Interviews will take place w/c 19th November
The Challenge Network (The Challenge) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our privacy notice can be found here: https://the-challenge.org/careers
This privacy notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you prior to, during and after your working relationship with us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or any subsequent data protection legislation in force from time-to-time.
The Challenge has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the UK. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to The Challenge verifying that you are eligible to work in the UK before you start work.