Inclusion and Support Services Team Leader – Customer Services
|Start date: 4th March 2019
Contract: permanent, full time
|Shifts: 35 hours per week, Monday-Friday, working times between 9am and 6pm. Later shifts applicable during delivery times.|
Our vision is a more integrated society where there is understanding and appreciation of each other’s differences. As an equal opportunities employer, our aim is to have a diverse workforce to reflect the communities we work in. We are also the largest provider of the National Citizen Service (NCS). We are proud to offer an attractive benefits package to eligible employees, e.g. contributory pension, an additional day off for volunteering, Simplyhealth cash plan, Ride 2 Work, childcare vouchers, season ticket travel card loan, etc.
About the role
We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic team leader to join our Inclusion and Support Services (ISS), in the Customer Services department. Our team processes applications and manages the allocation of young people with additional support needs to appropriate NCS programmes. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing and completing applications and specialising in applications for wheelchair users
- Monitoring and managing reporting, performance and capacity of the team to ensure delivery against targets
- Leading on the relationship with other NCS departments and/or escalating decision making to ISS Associate managers or the Inclusion Customer Service manager
- Line management of fixed term administrators; providing, feedback, quality monitoring and development
- Using IT systems including Salesforce CRM to process information
Skills, experience or behaviours
- High levels of attention to detail whilst handling a high quantity of work
- Exceptional customer service skills – written and verbal
- Strong time management whilst working to tight deadlines
- Ability to balance quality and quantity against targets and to organise workloads for yourself and others
- Ability to use initiative and work independently and being calm under pressure while remaining assertive
- Enthusiasm for, and commitment to, our mission and values
- Using IT systems including Salesforce CRM (desirable)
- Understanding and awareness of disability and additional support needs or other factors affecting young people (desirable)
Please send your CV and a one-page cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 20th February 2019 adding ‘ISS Team Leader’ in the subject of your email. (No agencies).
- The Challenge is committed to safeguarding and protecting the young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our programmes. We expect all staff and post holders to share this commitment to safeguarding by ensuring compliance with our policies and practices.
- The Challenge Network (The Challenge) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our privacy notice can be found here:
https://the-challenge.org/careers. This describes how we collect and use personal information about you prior to, during and after your working relationship with us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or any subsequent data protection legislation in force from time-to-time.
- Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK or have a valid visa or work permit for a minimum of 6 months at the time of application will be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
We receive a multitude of applications. If you have not heard from us within two weeks of your application, please assume that on this occasion you have not been successful.