NCS Assistant Account Manager
Start date: 28/08/2018
Status: Full time, Permanent
Salary: £20,000 per annum pro rata depending on experience
The Challenge’s vision is a more integrated society where there is understanding and appreciation of each other’s differences. We design and deliver programmes that bring different people together to develop their confidence and skills in understanding and connecting with others. We believe everyone benefits when people from all walks of life come together to better know, understand and trust each other. This also applies to the people we employ to work with us. As an equal opportunities employer our aim is to have a diverse workforce to reflect the communities we work in.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, rapidly growing organisation, working with young people and local communities across the country. You can download our impact report which shows how we’ve helped 1,000s of young people build trusting and meaningful relationships with people from different backgrounds.
About the role
NCS is a government backed programme that helps young people (aged 15-17) build skills for work, life and transition into adulthood. This is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of an innovative role within the organisation, and take responsibility for shaping strategies used on a local and national level.
Working within the Sales department, and with support and management from an NCS Account Manager (AM), the Assistant Account Manager (AAM) will be responsible for establishing, strengthening and maintaining high quality, long lasting relationships with stakeholders, in particular at Schools and Colleges. The AAM will work with key school contacts to write and help deploy recruitment and events strategies geared to find NCS participation growth in each of their schools, this year and into the future. The AAM will book in recruitment events for Sales colleagues to engage and convert Young People and their Parent/ Guardians, in order to fill thousands of NCS places in the area. The AAM, working closely with the AM and Sales colleagues will help deploy a local strategy to develop non-school relationships too, such as with local authorities, in order to create NCS with The Challenge advocates and increase NCS participation in the local area.
- Directly reach out to target schools to get involved in year round NCS programmes
- Support school engagement for year round NCS programmes through calls and meetings
- To establish, develop and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders in schools and college in order to build support of NCS with The Challenge for all seasons (Summer and Autumn)
- Building a network of advocates in and out of schools and colleges by establishing broad relationships with multiple points of contact such as teachers and community stakeholders
- Work with key school contacts to write and help deploy recruitment and events strategies geared to find NCS participation growth in each of their schools, this year and into the future.
- Working closely with Sales colleagues to ensure every school’s potential for NCS participation is maximised
- Attend school recruitment events in order to maintain internal and external relationships and stay close to the needs and habits of young people and parents
- Coaching and mentoring members of the team and opportunities to train new starters
- Increase brand awareness with key stakeholders by e.g. networking, attending meetings, events or conferences throughout the year to pave the way for Sales and Marketing Teams to recruit young people for our NCS programme
- Work closely with key colleges to integrate NCS into their curriculum and deliver NCS at scale
Skills and Experience
- Experience in relationship and account management
- Gravitas with stakeholders and experience in networking
- Strong and persuasive presentation skills
- Exemplary listening skills and ability to understand customer needs
- Exemplary telephone and face-face verbal communication skills in group or individual settings
- Experience of or willingness to work in a target driven environment
- Evidence of high levels of organisation with the ability to manage a busy workload
- Professionalism: Strong work ethic, time keeping, responsiveness, ability to manage a variety of relationships to a high level
- Energy and initiative: A can-do attitude with an enthusiastic and persuasive personality
- Persistence and determination
- Flexibility: Adjusts work schedules, plans, prioritises as required to fulfil overall objectives
- Ability to think and plan ahead and be reactive within the team
- Empathy/understanding: able to adapt your approach to suit customer needs
- Responsibility: Take responsibility within and beyond the role
- Trust: Trusted by colleagues to always deliver
- Teamwork: Collaborates across region and department in pursuit of common goals
- Humble: A positive, helpful attitude at all times in what is a busy and challenging role
- Calm under pressure
- Strives for continuous improvement by seeking and sharing feedback appropriately and respectfully
- Learns from their mistakes and always commits to perform at their best
- NCS experience
- Understanding of post 16 education and experience working with post 16 education establishments
- Understanding of secondary schools and/or the education sector
- Understanding of local authorities
- Sales and marketing experience
- Experience mentoring or coaching others
- Experience of working with Excel
- Experience working with CRM systems
- Driving licence – full (in the North West, West Midlands and Surrey).
The Challenge is committed to safeguarding and protecting the young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our programmes.
We expect all staff and post holders to share this commitment to safeguarding by ensuring compliance with our policies and practices.
The Challenge has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the UK. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to The Challenge verifying that you are eligible to work in the UK before you start work.
In addition to being part of a fun, dynamic and challenging workforce, we are proud to offer an attractive benefits package including contributory pension, Simplyhealth cash plan, Ride 2 Work, childcare vouchers, season ticket travel card loan etc. to eligible employees.
To apply: Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter to Lauren.Whetton@the-challenge.org. Closing date is 18/01/2019.
Interview process: CV’s will be screened and short listed once the closing date has passed. Following this screening, we will invite successful candidates to interview. These will take place from January 23rd.
The Challenge Network (The Challenge) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our privacy notice can be found here: https://the-challenge.org/careers
This privacy notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you prior to, during and after your working relationship with us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or any subsequent data protection legislation in force from time-to-time.