NCS OUTREACH SALES ASSOCIATE
Start date: 17th April 2019
Salary: £20,000 per annum depending on experience
Status: Full time, permanent role
The Challenge’s vision is a more integrated society where there is understanding and appreciation of each other’s differences. We design and deliver programmes that bring different people together to develop their confidence and skills in understanding and connecting with others. We believe everyone benefits when people from all walks of life come together to better know, understand and trust each other. This also applies to the people we employ to work with us. As an equal opportunities employer our aim is to have a diverse workforce to reflect the communities we work in.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, rapidly growing organisation, working with young people and local communities across the country. For more information about what The Challenge does and what its values are, please visit our website http://the-challenge.org/
About the role
NCS is a government backed programme that helps young people (aged 15-17) build skills for work, life and transition into adulthood. This is an incredible opportunity to be a part of role that contributes to the shaping of strategies used on a local and national level.
The Outreach Sales Associate will work with Regional Sales Managers and the Inclusion Sales Manager to implement the inclusion strategy within the regional team they are part of. They will support the local teams and build relationships in the community to sign up vulnerable young people. The role will work to help the Sales Manager fulfil our mission and work towards ensuring that our NCS programme is accessible to all. They will actively work towards targets for engaging young people from pupil referral units, councils and other organisations, and will offer advice and support to the regional Sales Team in achieving their inclusion targets.
- Relationship building: Creating successful long term relationships with Local Authorities, community organisations and pupil referral units who can refer vulnerable young people to us.
- Signing up young people to NCS: Recruit some of the most vulnerable young people in the community with a particular focus on young people who are in care and those that attend pupil referral units (PRUs). Recruit these young people through delivering presentations and classes and following up leads with calls to young people, parents and guardians.
- Personal coach scheme: ensure we are referring young people to the personal coach programme through relationship building with local authorities, support workers, parents and young people and persevering through a long referral and application process. Keep in touch regularly with all stakeholders with phone calls, emails and meetings.
- Supporting local teams with inclusive best practice and advise – being the ‘inclusion expert’ in the zone who offers advice when needed and works with the NCS Inclusion Sales Manager to escalate zonal concerns and implement new processes and support with training when needed.
- Target monitoring – work closely with the Sales Manager and National Sales Inclusion Manager to ensure your targets are being achieved.
- Address barriers – Proactively identify and address the additional barriers some young people face in accessing NCS, through building trusting relationships with them and their key workers, to make sure they turn up to NCS.
We are looking for outstanding individuals with the following qualities:
- Experience of engaging vulnerable young people and their families, both face to face and over the phone
- Experience of managing relationships with schools, community organisations or local authorities
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills in individual and group settings
- Ability to manage own workload whilst supporting other colleagues;
- Can-do attitude with an enthusiastic and persuasive personality;
- Organised with the ability to juggle a varied and busy workload;
- Able to work collaboratively with people on projects across various departments and locations;
- Ability to seek and share feedback appropriately and respectfully
- Ability to work towards ambitious targets
- Understanding: Knowledge of own strengths; ability to empathise and see others’ point of view
- Professionalism: Strong work ethic, time keeping, and responsiveness
- Responsibility: Take responsibility within and beyond the role
- Trust: Trusted by colleagues to always deliver
- Teamwork: Collaborate across teams and supporting others to achieve common goals
- Resilience: Demonstrates persistence and determination through challenging times
- Energy and initiative: A can-do attitude with an enthusiastic and persuasive personality
- Flexibility: Adjusts work schedules, plans, prioritises as required to fulfil overall objectives. Ability to think and plan ahead
- Humble: A positive, helpful attitude at all times in what is a busy and challenging role
- Calm under pressure
- Ability to lead and proactively demonstrate excellence through example, learns from their mistakes and always commits to performing at their best.
- Strives for continuous improvement by seeking and sharing feedback appropriately and respectfully.
- Experience of working in a sales or target driven environment
- Full driving license
The Challenge is committed to safeguarding and protecting the young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our programmes.
We expect all staff and post holders to share this commitment to safeguarding by ensuring compliance with our policies and practices.
Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK or have a valid visa or work permit for a minimum of 6 months at the time of application will be considered for this role.
In addition to being part of a fun, dynamic and challenging workforce, we are proud to offer an attractive benefits package including contributory pension, Simplyhealth cash plan, Ride 2 Work, childcare vouchers, season ticket travel card loan etc. to eligible employees and Progression opportunities for exceptional candidates.
To apply: Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter to email@example.com Closing date: 17th March
Interview process: Selection for this position will include a CV screening process followed by a written assessment and interview.
The Challenge Network (The Challenge) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our privacy notice can be found here: https://the-challenge.org/careers
This privacy notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you prior to, during and after your working relationship with us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or any subsequent data protection legislation in force from time-to-time.