NCS Sales Calling Team Manager
Start date: ASAP
The Challenge is a national charity that was founded in 2009. Our mission is to connect and inspire people to strengthen their communities. We bring together local people across all generations, ethnic groups and incomes to build a stronger society.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast moving, rapidly growing organisation, working with young people and local communities across the country.
About the role
We are looking for an energetic, driven and creative manager to drive our sales efforts to enrol and retain young people onto National Citizen Service (NCS). The role requires a combination of strengths in people, performance and process management and a keen eye for understanding operational opportunities and challenges. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an entrepreneurial and innovative organisation, grow in a dynamic and supportive environment and contribute to an exciting programme for social change.
The Sales Calling Team make outbound calls to convert leads into NCS sign-ups, retention calls to retain commitment and take inbound customer service calls. We need motivational people managers with a passion for driving performance in a fast paced environment to meet ambitious targets, developing the skills of those they manage in order to provide excellent opportunities for young people.
Reporting to the Senior Sales Calling Team Manager, Sales Calling Team Managers line manage team leaders and oversee agent capability and performance. You will work collaboratively with your counterpart to enable excellence and efficiency across recruitment, training, quality assurance, team incentives and reporting. You will balance this with direct oversight of calling shifts, being a point of escalation and setting the goals and tone for your team through consistent briefings, quality assurance and regular floor walking.
The Sales Calling Team Managers’ primary responsibilities are:
- Accountability for the management of individual KPIs and delivery of departmental targets, driving and monitoring performance, and adapting processes to ensure success.
- Direct line management of team leaders and oversight of calling agents. Act as a point of escalation for people and performance issues.
- Input into the Sales Calling Team operational plan with responsibility for parts of its execution.
- Set, monitor and report on weekly and daily priorities.
- On the ground operational management and issue resolving including customer escalations
- Accountable for parts of the department plan, such as recruitment, team incentive strategy, reporting, training etc.
- Quality assurance – ensuring we maintain exceptional customer standards and best-in-show conversion and conversation rates.
- Be a leader and role model to the team, with a focus on improving capability across the department.
Person Specification We are looking for an exceptional individual with the following qualities:
- Line management experience specific to motivating a team to meet demanding targets
- Excellent communication and customer service skills including verbal, written and over the phone
- Ability to monitor quantitative and qualitative data to understand performance and set direction
- Confidence in understanding individual underperformance and ensuring this is corrected
- Motivation to be the best in class for Sales Performance
- Highly organised, decisive and calm under pressure.
- A meticulous attention to detail and the autonomy to act decisively and reliably.
- Commitment and passion for the mission of The Challenge and the place of NCS Sales within this
- A relentless focus on operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Professionalism: Strong work ethic, time keeping, responsiveness
- Responsibility: Take responsibility within and beyond the role
- Empathy: Ability to empathise and see others’ point of view and compromise where necessary
- Trust: Trusted by colleagues to always deliver
- Teamwork: Co-ordinates and co-operates with others across region and department in pursuit of common goals
- Persistence and determination
- Energy and initiative: A can-do attitude with an enthusiastic and persuasive personality
- Flexibility: Adjusts work schedules, plans, prioritises as required to fulfil overall objectives. Ability to think and plan ahead.
- Humble: A positive, helpful attitude at all times in what is a busy and challenging role.
- Calm under pressure
- Strives for continuous improvement by seeking and sharing feedback appropriately and respectfully
- Driven to hit targets and lead a team towards them
- Project management experience
- Call centre management experience
- Experience using CRM and telephony systems
- Experience of NCS or working with teenagers
In addition to being part of a fun, dynamic and challenging workforce, there are many benefits working for The Challenge Network. We are proud to offer an attractive benefits package including Company contributory pension, Simplyhealth cash plan, Ride 2 Work, childcare vouchers and discount vouchers to eligible employees.
- This is a full-time, permanent role that may require a weekend working pattern, subject to discussion.
- Deadline for application: 25/01/2019
- First round interviews will be week commencing: 28/01/2019
- Salary: £30,000 per annum pro rata depending on experience
- Please apply by sending a CV and a one page covering letter clearly explaining your suitability for the role against the person specification to: email@example.com
- Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK or have a valid visa or work permit for a minimum of 6 months at the time of application will be considered for this role
The Challenge Network (The Challenge) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our privacy notice can be found here: https://the-challenge.org/careers
This privacy notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you prior to, during and after your working relationship with us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or any subsequent data protection legislation in force from time-to-time.