NCS Training Coordinator
Location: London and some travel to Reading and Surrey
Role: 4 months full time (Mon – Fri) fixed-term contract
Work Dates: Tuesday 23rd April – Friday 19th July
Reports to: Regional Training Manager
Payment: £22,000 pro rata
Application Deadline: 5pm Friday 22nd February
Interview dates: Monday 11th – Friday 15th March
The Challenge’s vision is a more integrated society where there is understanding and appreciation of each other’s differences. We design and deliver programmes that bring different people together to develop their confidence and skills in understanding and connecting with others. We believe everyone benefits when people from all walks of life come together to better know, understand and trust each other. This also applies to the people we employ to work with us. As an equal opportunities employer our aim is to have a diverse workforce to reflect the communities we work in.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, rapidly growing organisation, working with young people and local communities across the country. For more information about what The Challenge does and what its values are, please visit our website http://the-challenge.org/
The NCS Training Coordinator is responsible for a variety of logistical and administrative tasks, supporting the wider Training Team in delivering NCS training. Directly reporting to the Regional Training Manager, they will work from one of our office bases to support multiple NCS seasonal staff training events running simultaneously.
- Support the delivery of NCS Training events across London, Reading and Surrey
- Frequent travel to training venues across region
- Support the logistics and planning of training events across The Challenge regions.
- Manage set up and set down of training events.
- Liaise with core training team to transport resources to venues (including some heavy lifting).
- Support core training team with food ordering for training events.
- Ordering and replacing training equipment, catering and resources.
- Proven experience of working in a fast paced and demanding environment.
- Strikingly positive attitude and integrity.
- Understanding of building stronger communities and seeing change in society.
- Ability to work collaboratively with people on projects across various departments and locations.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Ability to plan and prioritise effectively when carrying out multiple simultaneous projects.
- Excellent organisation skills and commitment to detail.
- Basic understanding of Spreadsheet (Excel) and Word Processing
- Strives for continuous improvement by seeking and sharing feedback appropriately and respectfully.
- Learns from their mistakes and always commits to performing at their best
- Clean, driving licence
- Experience working in an office environment
- Knowledge and understanding of the NCS programme
- Understanding of risk management and data protection
We run a fast-paced and challenging programme which requires a high level of flexibility. In addition to the responsibilities outlined you may be required by The Challenge to undertake any duties within your skills and capabilities which The Challenge reasonably considers necessary to meet the needs of the NCS Programme.
The Challenge is committed to safeguarding and protecting the young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our programmes.
We expect all staff and post holders to share this commitment to safeguarding by ensuring compliance with our policies and practices.
Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK or have a valid visa or work permit for a minimum of 6 months at the time of application will be considered for this role.
Additional Support Needs
As an equal opportunities employer we welcome applications from a diverse range of people, including those with disabilities. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to ensure that successful candidates are able to undertake the role that they are offered. You will be asked to tell us about any additional support needs at the post assessment stage but we encourage applicants who require reasonable adjustments to our pre-employment stages (application and assessment) to let us know by by clicking the option on the application form. You can find more information about what happens with this information and what types of adjustments we can make here.
In addition to being part of a fun, dynamic and challenging workforce, we are proud to offer an attractive benefits package including contributory pension, Simplyhealth cash plan, Ride 2 Work, childcare vouchers, season ticket travel card loan etc. to eligible employees.
To apply, please email a recent copy of your CV and a cover letter outlining how you meet the person specification to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: only completed applications will be considered.