Regional HR Advisor
Start date: As soon as possible
Location: North West and West Midlands, England (based in Manchester)
Status: This is a full-time, 12 month fixed-term role
Salary: Circa £28-30k DOE
The Challenge’s vision is a more integrated society where there is understanding and appreciation of each other’s differences. We design and deliver programmes that bring different people together to develop their confidence and skills in understanding and connecting with others. We believe everyone benefits when people from all walks of life come together to better know, understand and trust each other. This also applies to the people we employ to work with us. As an equal opportunities employer our aim is to have a diverse workforce to reflect the communities we work in. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, rapidly growing organisation, working with young people and local communities across the country. For more information about what The Challenge does and what its values are, please visit our website http://the-challenge.org/
About the role
As the Regional HR Advisor you will be a true generalist operating in support of HR Operations Manager, taking responsibility for an individual HR case load and acting as the first point of contract for line managers to support in all employee-related matters. We are looking for an enthusiastic and hard-working individual who enjoys working in partnership with the business to enable the successful delivery of people management objectives.
This is a regional role that will provide HR support to our Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds and Preston offices across operational teams delivering our programmes. A key client for this role is our Manchester based Sales Calling Team.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently
- First point of contact for Line Managers in all employee-related matters, being visible within the business in order for managers and employees to have easy access to assist with employee challenges or concerns
- Act as the employment relations expert by maintaining up to date employment law knowledge and providing timely advice on matters such as disciplinary, capability, grievance, absence etc., coaching and following up with managers to make sure interventions have been successful and to offer support
- Communicate effectively with HR Operations Manager and Senior HR Business Partner to enable insight into business pressures
- Champion and embed change initiatives across the organisation
- Provide recruitment advice to managers including assisting in the creation of Job descriptions and Person specifications, conducting job evaluations and supporting where necessary in recruitment selection
- Collaborate with our Learning and Development team to deliver HR briefings and training to build capability of our line managers and employees regarding best practice and internal policies and processes (i.e. performance management)
- Maintain a cost-conscious culture in all decisions and recommendations, as well as supporting appropriate budget controls within the HR department
- Support in the maintenance and updating of the HR Information System (Cascade).
Skills and experience
- Experience providing HR support within a Sales Calling Team/Telesales environment
- Previous experience in an Employment Relations advisory capacity with confidence to coach line managers through relevant policies and processes
- In-depth and up to date knowledge of employment law
- Previous experience of working with high volume recruitment in fast paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage time effectively
- Strong relationship management skills (including advocacy skills with the ability to persuade and influence) and personal credibility to establish effective relationships within the organisation
- Strong resilience with ability to perform effectively when faced with emotive situations, time pressures, adversity, disappointment or conflict
- Ability to work autonomously to a high standard and ensure deadlines is met under pressure, as well as part of a team
- Experience in regional HR role working across multiple sites in multiple locations.
- Passionate about delivering a first class internal customer service
- Applies sound judgement to suit the needs of the situation
- Flexible and responds positively to change
- Demonstrates resilience and maintains objectivity under pressure
- Ability to effectively communicate both written and verbally at a variety of levels.
- CIPD qualified
- Working knowledge of Safeguarding principles.
The Challenge has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the UK. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to The Challenge verifying that you are eligible to work in the UK before you start work.
The Challenge has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the UK. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to The
Challenge verifying that you are eligible to work in the UK before you start work.
In addition to being part of a fun, dynamic and challenging workforce, we are proud to offer an attractive benefits package including contributory pension, Simplyhealth cash plan, Ride 2 Work, childcare vouchers, season ticket travel card loan etc. to eligible employees.
To apply: Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org; vacancy closes by 18 April 2019.