Sales Associate- Summer Delivery
Start date: 10th June 2019
Status: This is a full-time fixed term role until 16th August
Salary: £18,000 pro rata
The Challenge’s vision is a more integrated society where there is understanding and appreciation of each other’s differences. We design and deliver programmes that bring different people together to develop their confidence and skills in understanding and connecting with others. We believe everyone benefits when people from all walks of life come together to better know, understand and trust each other. This also applies to the people we employ to work with us. As an equal opportunities employer, our aim is to have a diverse workforce to reflect the communities we work in.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, rapidly growing organisation, working with young people and local communities across the country. You can download our impact report which shows how we’ve helped 1,000s of young people build trusting and meaningful relationships with people from different backgrounds.
About the role
Reporting to the Field Sales Manager our Sales Associates are the face of NCS recruitment at The Challenge. In this position, you will engage with young people and parents to ensure their participation in NCS, mainly through telephone conversations. It requires passionate and enthusiastic people motivated by providing opportunities for young people and reaching ambitious targets. The main responsibility of Sales Associates over the months of June, July and August is to retain young people currently signed up to attend NCS, making sure they have all the information they need before the start of the programme. Alongside retention, Sales Associates also will recruit any additional young people needed to fill spaces on NCS; this is largely done on the phone and in person at information evenings.
- Take responsibility for a number of programme dates during summer delivery to ensure the full cohort of young people turn up and reserve lists are utilised to fill every place.
- Engage with parents, guardians and young people through presenting and attending parents evenings and running pre-programme information evenings.
- Administrative duties to support sales processes.
Skills and experience
- Excellent communication skills both in person and over the phone
- Ability to engage with 15 to 17 year olds and their parents in an enthusiastic and authentic way
- Motivation to work towards and exceed targets
- Ability to adapt presentation style to a varied audience
- A strong work ethic and excellent time management skills
- Experience managing own workload and working as part of a team
- Able to take direction and carry out tasks to a high standard
- Public speaking experience
- Experience working with young people and schools
- Sales experience
The Challenge is committed to safeguarding and protecting the young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our programmes.
We expect all staff and post holders to share this commitment to safeguarding by ensuring compliance with our policies and practices.
The Challenge has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the UK. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to The Challenge verifying that you are eligible to work in the UK before you start work.
In addition to being part of a fun, dynamic and challenging workforce, we are proud to offer an attractive benefits package including contributory pension, Simplyhealth cash plan, Ride 2 Work, season ticket travel card loan etc. to eligible employees.
This role will require working over weekends and evenings as per the organisation’s needs. Working hours are 35 hours per week, time in lieu will be accrued when working outside of standard hours.
- To apply: Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter to email@example.com; vacancy closes by Sunday 14th April
- Interview process: Interviews will take place during the week commencing 22nd
The Challenge Network (The Challenge) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our privacy notice can be found here: https://the-challenge.org/careers
This privacy notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you prior to, during and after your working relationship with us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or any subsequent data protection legislation in force from time-to-time.