Calling Team Agent
Start date: Immediate
Location: Old Trafford, Manchester
Status: Fixed term full and part times roles until 30/04/2019
Salary: £18,000 per annum (pro rated, equivalent to £9.89p/h)
Are you looking for a call centre job with a regular shift pattern, no cold calling and HUGE job satisfaction? At the Challenge, our Calling Team contacts young people who have expressed an interest in taking part in NCS to help complete their application and to get them excited about attending! The NCS programme is a heavily subsidised, life changing programme for young people which gives them an experience they’ve never had before!
The Challenge’s vision is a more integrated society where there is understanding and appreciation of each other’s differences. We design and deliver programmes that bring different people together to develop their confidence and skills in understanding and connecting with others. We believe everyone benefits when people from all walks of life come together to better know, understand and trust each other. This also applies to the people we employ to work with us. As an equal opportunities employer our aim is to have a diverse workforce to reflect the communities we work in.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, rapidly growing organisation, working with young people and local communities across the country. You can download our impact report which shows how we’ve helped 1,000s of young people build trusting and meaningful relationships with people from different backgrounds.
About the role
We are looking for tenacious, organised and enthusiastic agents for our Sales Calling Team in Manchester. The Sales Calling Team call young people who have expressed an interest in attending the National Citizen Service (NCS) programme to help complete their applications.
NCS is a government backed programme which aims to bring together young people from different backgrounds. People who have graduated from the programme talk about the life changing, positive impact it’s had on them and as such, the job brings with it an enormous level of job satisfaction for people who want to work towards creating a more inclusive society
Successful candidates will work in a fast-paced environment with a focus on customer experience and outcome.
- Talking on the phone to young people and their parents to complete applications to take part in the NCS Programme.
- Retaining sign ups using customer service and sales techniques
- Provide high levels of customer service via telephone and email
- Accurate reporting of data and calls
- Using IT systems including Salesforce CRM to record and process customer information
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Experience of working in customer facing environment, preferably in a contact centre
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong self-motivation
- Demonstrable ability to achieve and exceed stretching targets on a consistent basis
- Experience of selling either face to face or on the phone
- Objection handling skills
- Enjoy talking to people, being helpful and doing all you can to agree solutions to challenges
- Being calm under pressure and remaining assertive, determined and resilient
- Enthusiasm for, and commitment to, our mission and values with the ability to bring this to life when serving customers and working with colleagues
The Challenge is committed to safeguarding and protecting the young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our programmes.
We expect all staff and post holders to share this commitment to safeguarding by ensuring compliance with our policies and practices.
Why should you apply?
In addition to being part of a fun, dynamic and challenging workforce, we are proud to offer an attractive benefits package including contributory pension, Simplyhealth cash plan, Ride 2 Work, childcare vouchers, season ticket travel card loan etc. to eligible employees.
- To apply: Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter to email@example.com; vacancy closes by 31/01/2019
- Interview process: Successful applicants will be contacted to attend a group assessment
The Challenge Network (The Challenge) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our privacy notice can be found here: https://the-challenge.org/careers
This privacy notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you prior to, during and after your working relationship with us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or any subsequent data protection legislation in force from time-to-time.
The Challenge has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the UK. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to The Challenge verifying that you are eligible to work in the UK before you start work.