Senior F,P&A Analyst/F,P&A Lead
Start date: Immediately
Term: FTC to 31st December 2019
Location: London Waterloo
Reports to: Head of Finance
The Challenge’s vision is a more integrated society where there is understanding and appreciation of each other’s differences. We design and deliver programmes that bring different people together to develop their confidence and skills in understanding and connecting with others. We believe everyone benefits when people from all walks of life come together to better know, understand and trust each other. This also applies to the people we employ to work with us. As an equal opportunities employer our aim is to have a diverse workforce to reflect the communities we work in.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, rapidly growing organisation, working with young people and local communities across the country. You can download our impact report which shows how we’ve helped 1,000s of young people build trusting and meaningful relationships with people from different backgrounds.
About the role
We are looking for a dynamic and highly motivated individual to join our finance team. You will work closely with the operational and data teams to develop, implement and review financial and strategic forecasts to advise on operational strategy and inform the financial outlook. You will be an experienced professional with an ability to analyse data, identify trends and engage and influence a range of stakeholders consistently. You will be a strong relationship builder, both within the Finance team and across the organisation.
- Deliver financial and commercial analytics and reporting in support of the charity, with particular focus on sales forecasting;
- Own the sales forecasting process, including responsibility for highlighting risks and requirements for intervention;
- Update short-term and mid-range outlooks using multiple inputs and assumptions to reflect changes in sales strategies and market intelligence;
- Work with the broader finance team to support the end-to-end financial forecasting process;
- Participates in the development of annual operating plans;
- Assists in identifying and scoping organisational analytical needs and reporting requirements;
- No direct reports (this is a lean structure), however opportunity to provide guidance to less experienced team members and external consultants as required.
This is a broad description of likely duties, but your role may vary over time and include a wide range of objectives and experiences. All our team members need to take responsibility for leading projects, driving work forward and being adaptable to changes.
Knowledge, Background & Experience
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA) or equivalent
- 5 – 7+ years of post-qualified experience in financial analysis and planning, preferably within multi-site organisations
- Advanced Excel skills; VBA not required
- Experience of Salesforce preferred but not required
Skills & Competencies
- Advanced presentation skills to communicate complex stories, both visually and verbally, including to senior non-financial leaders
- Adaptable communication style, with experience working across a variety of levels and specialisms within an organisation
- Advanced data analysis skills, both numerically and written, with a proven ability to influence decision making and extract underlying messages
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Keen eye for detail
- Focus on the customer with an ability to retain independence
- Ambassador for TCN values of Professionalism, Respect, Empathy and Trust
- Passionate and motivated to drive commercial success in support of TCN’s mission.
Key Customers & Collaborators
- Head of Finance (line manager)
- NCS Director
- Head of Sales – NCS
- Head of NCS Central Operations
- Head of Product Management & Business Analysis
- Senior Finance Business Partner
- Strategy & Business Development Director
The Challenge is committed to safeguarding and protecting the young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our programmes.
We expect all staff and post holders to share this commitment to safeguarding by ensuring compliance with our policies and practices.
Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK or have a valid visa or work permit for a minimum of 6 months at the time of application will be considered for this role.
In addition to being part of a fun, dynamic and challenging workforce, we are proud to offer an attractive benefits package including contributory pension, Simplyhealth cash plan, Ride 2 Work, season ticket travel card loan etc. to eligible employees.
- Status: This is a full-time, fixed term role with the possibility of conversion to permanent at the end of the contract. Part time and/or flexible working arrangements welcomed
- Salary: £52,000 – £55,000 per annum depending on experience.
- To apply: Please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter showing how your skills and experience match what we are looking for to: email@example.com Vacancy closes on 14 April 2019.
- Interview process: Short telephone interview, followed by an in-person interview at our offices, to include completion of an analytical exercise.
The Challenge Network (The Challenge) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our privacy notice can be found here: https://the-challenge.org/careers
This privacy notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you prior to, during and after your working relationship with us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or any subsequent data protection legislation in force from time-to-time.