Senior Marketing Manager
Start date: January 2019
Location: London Waterloo
Salary: £40,000 per annum pro rata
The Challenge’s vision is a more integrated society where there is understanding and appreciation of each other’s differences. We design and deliver programmes that bring different people together to develop their confidence and skills in understanding and connecting with others. We believe everyone benefits when people from all walks of life come together to better know, understand and trust each other. This also applies to the people we employ to work with us. As an equal opportunities employer our aim is to have a diverse workforce to reflect the communities we work in.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, rapidly growing organisation, working with young people and local communities across the country. For more information about what The Challenge does and what its values are, please visit our website http://the-challenge.org/
About the role
The Senior Marketing Manager’s primary responsibilities will be to support the Head of Brand and Marketing in leading the Central Marketing Team to develop and deliver the marketing activity to drive uptake of the National Citizen Service with a representative mix of young people from the areas in which we work. This includes managing the day-to-day running of the team, owning the marketing plan, and coordinating the full range of marketing tactics required by the various teams responsible for the delivery of NCS.
The post holder will be responsible for the development and delivery of communications and marketing campaigns to support teams in filling places on NCS in our delivery areas. The Senior Marketing Manager will develop and deliver the marketing strategy and communications and engagement plans covering media, marketing and external communications activity, working closely with key stakeholders (including the NCS Trust) and the Digital and Social team to ensure that the NCS brand, tone of voice and messaging is disseminated across all appropriate channels.
- Working closely with the Head of Brand and Marketing to develop and deliver the marketing strategy, tactical plans and campaigns
- Line management of marketing manager and content manager
- Day-to-day team management including budget management and forecasting
- Development of KPIs and robust reporting and analysis of all relevant offline metrics to inform improved activity
- Collaboration with key stakeholders to ensure consistent brand, tone of voice and messaging is executed and delivered throughout the customer journey
- To effectively brief and manage a range of external agencies, graphic designers and printers to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget
- To work closely with the NCS Trust (the body appointed by the Government to deliver NCS nationally) to ensure national brand guidelines and marketing best practice are adhered to by The Challenge and also by our internal stakeholders and delivery partners who are delivering the NCS programme on The Challenge’s behalf
- Provide marketing support to other programmes The Challenge offers in addition to NCS when needed
Skills and experience
- Experience of planning and project management, in a marketing or communications related role
- Line management experience
- Excellent copywriting skills across a range of different formats
- High-level oral communication skills to build internal and external relationships
- Experience of planning, implementing and evaluating online and offline marketing and communications strategies
- Outstanding organisation skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively with external agencies and suppliers to deliver marketing campaigns, media or projects
- Budget management experience
In addition to being part of a fun, dynamic and challenging workforce, we are proud to offer an attractive benefits package including contributory pension, Simplyhealth cash plan, Ride 2 Work, childcare vouchers, season ticket travel card loan etc. to eligible employees.
This is a fixed term role (for a period of 12 months) based in The Challenge’s London Waterloo office.
To apply: Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date is 20/01/2019.
The Challenge Network (The Challenge) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our privacy notice can be found here: https://the-challenge.org/careers
This privacy notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you prior to, during and after your working relationship with us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or any subsequent data protection legislation in force from time-to-time.