Curriculum Administrator (Temporary)
Start date: 21/5/2016
Location: London Waterloo
The Challenge is a national charity that was founded in 2009. Our mission is to connect and inspire people to strengthen their communities. We bring together local people across all generations, ethnic groups and incomes to build a stronger society. This also applies to the people we employ to work with us. As an equal opportunities employer our aim is to have a diverse workforce from all walks of life to reflect the communities we work in.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast moving, rapidly growing organisation, working with young people and local communities across the country. For more information about what The Challenge does and its values, please visit our website https://the-challenge.org/
About the role
A temporary 2-3 week position to provide administrative support to the Curriculum team getting the 2016 Summer Curriculum documents print ready.
This role would suit someone highly organised, efficient and able to deal with large amounts of complex information. This person would need excellent attention to detail to deal with a large number of documents to ensure consistency and clarity for all printed materials. They need an excellent understanding of Microsoft Word and experience formatting large documents, including use of tables, headings and templates.
The Curriculum Administrator’s primary responsibilities will be:
· Formatting documents to match standardised templates and ensure visually engaging resources
· Merging documents into Manuals and Guides
· Updating and fact checking resources and documents
· Checking consistency across all guides and resources
· Supporting with the administrative duties of the team
We are looking for outstanding individuals with the following qualities:
· Able to work collaboratively with people on projects across various departments and locations;
· Strives for continous improvement by seeking and sharing feedback appropriately and respectfully;
· Learns from their mistakes and always commits to performing at their best.
· Experience working in an administrative role
· Experience working to tight deadlines in a busy environment
· Excellent attention to detail
· Excellent spelling and grammar; able to proof read documents
· High level of computer literacy using Microsoft Office, particularly formatting large documents in Word
· High level of administrative skills; able to support a team with administrative tasks
· Able to work independently, manage own workload and take initiative to complete tasks
· This is a temporary role for 2-3 weeks full time. Exact times to be confirmed
· £10 per hour
Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK or have a valid visa or work permit for a minimum of 6 months at the time of application will be considered for this role.