The Challenge is working with the Department for Education to launch work placements, giving 16-19 year old Level 2 or 3 Technical Education students a valuable opportunity to put their learning into practice, and responding to employer needs for new recruits to be work ready.
This is a unique opportunity to be involved in the pilot phase, running mainly across London, the West Midlands and the North West, and shape the future of work placements. Register your interest below.
GET IN TOUCH
Why should my business get involved?
- Extra resources for your projects and day to day operations, from students gaining knowledge and skills in a course relevant to your business and industry
- Give your employees the opportunity to develop management skills
- Bring a fresh perspective into your business
- CSR impact: share with stakeholders how your business has supported local young people into work placements
Long term benefits
- Inspire the next generation to work in your industry
- Address current and future skills shortages in your industry
- Strengthen your recruiting pipeline and increase diversity
What do I need to do?
- Provide a 40 day minimum work placement for a student on a relevant course. The structure will be based on the needs of the local provider and could include 10-20 weeks of 2-4 days a week.
- Ensure there is a safe work environment and opportunities for the student to develop their technical skills within your industry
- Provide a line manager to support, supervise and mentor the student
If you have any questions take a look at our FAQs page and if you’re ready to ready to take on one of our work placement students drop us an email.
GET IN TOUCH TODAY